• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you call the Police?

Call the Police?

• Yes

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No and check the paper the next day...

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just called them because a guy and a girl were fighting out in front of my apartment. The guy was pushing / pulling her around (while her / their 3 yr old daughter was screaming) and he kept getting in her way while she was trying to walk away (with her baby carriage). This went on for about 10 minutes plus he pushed her up against my car.

Do you call the police or just avoid the situation and read to see if it made the paper the next day?

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
snitchesgetstitches.jpg

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
only to ask where I can buy the best weed

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I would because there's a child involved.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would because there's a child involved.

This.

I'm not really the type to call the cops, but I think it's the right thing to do here, especially because, on top of there being a kid involved, domestic disputes are notorious for being powder kegs.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd yell out of the door of my French balcony or rather have in the past. Although IIRC that was a screaming woman hitting a man repeatedly for about half an hour with short breaks inbetween at one in the morning while following him with a stroller, including a baby. A neighbour on the other side of the street threw firecrackers at them (yes, it was a classy neighbourhood) in the end and they left.

(Only minutes later there were four flakjacketed and armed policemen walking down the street, apparently informed of shots fired. Again, I spoke down my balcony to explain the situation as it was my civic duty, so to say).

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd make the call. I've heard of too many incidents similar to this that didn't end well.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

only to ask where I can buy the best meth

FTFY

Definitely call the cops. This sounds cheesy, but maybe you'll be an instrument for positive change in the woman's (and child's) life. My fiancee is a domestic violence counselor (when I let her out of the kitchen, of course, being the SF Alpha that I am). The arrest of an abusive paramour has a more positive effect than most realize. The woman finally has some tangible proof that society does care about what the guy is doing to her.

Last edited:

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go out there with my gun if they got too close to my car.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too late, landshark. Everyone here knows where your priorities lie. You're sickening, you know that?

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll be damned if some baby scratches the paint on my car.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads