• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you browse SF/websurf while at work?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm at work browsing SF. i feel like a rebel. some of my co-workers have their alt + tab ready to go when the supervisor rolls around, but it's slow. i love firefox tabbing. it doesn't matter though because i'm just an intern
laugh.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
that's about the only time I browse SF

hardly ever log in on weekends/nonwork days other than if I'm waiting to leave the house and I have 5 minutes to kill

migo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
i'm at work browsing SF. i feel like a rebel. some of my co-workers have their alt + tab ready to go when the supervisor rolls around, but it's slow. i love firefox tabbing. it doesn't matter though because i'm just an intern
laugh.gif

SAME! No firefox though, so alt-tab it is.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
that's about the only time I browse SF

hardly ever log in on weekends/nonwork days other than if I'm waiting to leave the house and I have 5 minutes to kill

where you work GS?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. Never. Verboten. I don't want anyone to ever connect the dots.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suprised by the poll results. Am I the only person who works the hours they're paid to do?
Maybe I'm lucky to have a job I care about...

Mr T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
Suprised by the poll results. Am I the only person who works the hours they're paid to do?

Not the only one. I never surf the web at work.

Seven

Reaction score

When your at the office for 10-12Hrs a day it nice to take a break between the meetings and conference calls.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll log in real quick to check PMs if I'm expecting one in regards to B&S or something like that. Otherwise, no.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seven
When your at the office for 10-12Hrs a day it nice to take a break between the meetings and conference calls.

yea exactly...i work the 10/4 (10 hrs, 4 days a week)

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Besides the grunt tasks, some job functions require inspirations.
smile.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might login a total of 15 minutes in a 11 to 12 hour day, mainly to relieve stress. That said, I have lunch in my office, and it takes all of 3 minutes, so I don't view this as excessive.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems I'm in a really small minority. The way I read SF is: I come in from work, I click new posts then skim through the 10-15 pages of new posts - this can take 30 mins solid. There's no way I'd let myself spend 30 mins work time not working. As other posters have indicated they're spending a lot more than 40 hours/wk in the office I agree its essential to have the odd break or distraction. For someone who does an 8 hour day as a rule, SF is off limits for me.

Having the internet (and an office) is still a bit of a novelty to me though and so far the odd 5 minutes to make a cup of tea is sufficient break in my relatively light schedule.

I do websurf a lot at work, but purely for work related research. I may check hotmail in the morning, train times, or place an occasional bid on e-bay if an auction ends in work hours, but that's the strict limit on my non-work related surfing. This is never more than 5 mins total.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads