• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you belong to any Gentlemen's Clubs?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine belongs to a couple of the newer style ones here in London. Milk & Honey, etc... its more of a private bar than a proper club though. While its nice to be able to drop in for a drink, I dont see the point in it myself. There are so many bars in London, that I dont want to pay hundreds of pounds just to be a member of a place.

I have a couple of friends who live outside the city, but maintain London club memberships as a place to entertain guests and have business meetings. This would probably be frowned upon in the older clubs, but the newer ones are all about it.

K

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I belong to Century Court in Tokyo. Unfortunately, because its hours are not terribly convenient, I rarely entertain people there.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I dont know why I would want to join a place that is only men. Seems like it would be a little hard to pick up in there.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
meh, see your point I guess, but isnt that why god invented dive bars?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are not all men only

And alot of guys in London use them as the "Why dont we go to my club for a drink after dinner? See, I belong to a members club. This compensates for my lack of personality. Isnt this exclusive? Do you want to sleep with me?"

I'm not saying all clubs are like that, but there are some in London full of it.

K

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the workings/point of these clubs?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After work I'd actually like to hang out and drink with/talk to people who can't afford or want to be part of a private club.

Beta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Can someone explain to me the workings/point of these clubs?

after hours access, personal bottle storage...or, here in tampa, cigar smoking and personal humidor lockers.

I have been a guest at one. I don't feel the need to spend the money at the place I went to.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard that iammatt belongs to Bohemian Grove.

I, myself, belong to the Jamba Juice club. Buy 7 shakes and the next one is free.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife belongs to one, an alumni club. It's a nice home-away-from-home place for dinner or drinks. Her club has an excellent gym as well, and social events, although they are geared towards older members. I like the idea, as they generally offer something unique, but I think there's a delicate balance between fun and inviting and assholish.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually now that I think of it my alma mater offers an alumni club here in the city. It seems like an awful waste of money. Dues are rather high - and most events or services cost money on TOP of the dues. Maybe it's because I was brought up in a middle class family, but I never saw the intrigue of paying a lot of money to socialize with people. It drips with schmooziness.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah

I, myself, belong to the Jamba Juice club.

I am angelicboris and I approve this message.

A few of my friends belong to Club Macanudo in NYC. Anyone can enter (there is a minimum charge) but they have a private humidor there. I've been there a few times and really enjoyed myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics