• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do women who date assholes deserve it?

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking generally, of course.

They all say he's changed (e.g., he was sweet in the beginning, etc.). My personal prejudice is that they were always assholes, but you were too blinded by lust to see otherwise.

"He has a good side" also annoys me.

Among those who claim they can't find a good guy, the woman frequently has her own issues too, and loves to play the victim. Or maybe she's in denial of what she's looking for or "deserves".

Am I an asshole for assuming the victim has her own flaws that contribute to this symptom?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Usually, yes.

turboman808

Reaction score
Yes they do. I could tell you my experience dating a girl who had been in 2 abusive relationships and been raped 2 times. Not sure how many times show go so drunk she blacked out and woke up in a strangers bed.

At some point you are responsible for your own actions.

She tried to contact me recently and started showing up at places I used to hang out at asking about me. She found out I am engaged and knows where my engagement party is. I am a little concerned.

I told my fiance all about this girl. It was a real horror story but now I can laugh about it. She asked me "She wouldn't show up at our party would she?" Unfortunately I am afraid she would.

PoloPlayr

Reaction score
The only way of approaching and analysing a woman/girl is assuming she is a retarded man.

How would you react in Situation A? She will do the opposite.

Would you like it if someone did X to you? She will hate it.

And so on.

I might write a book on it.

MrBon

Reaction score
after looking at some guys women date/marry... i'm a dream come true.. lol

Yes... they deserve exactly what they except.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes.

gilwood

Reaction score
No. They are just looking for acceptance in someone that reminds them of their father figure. Just like guys date girls that remind them of their mom's.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, mostly. but to be honest there are a few guys who really know how to manipulate in order to seem most attractive to women when they first meet them. sure, he's well dressed. he'll open doors, tell you how "fascinating" you are, how he hasn't liked any other girl the same way before, buying you dinners left and right, blowing up your cell phone with semi-irritating <3's and i-miss-you's...and then just when you finally think "alright, fine. i guess he's actually a hot guy with some class.", he starts acting like a total dick and showing up to dates wearing sweatpants and telling you that he doesn't have enough money to spot for dinner. you find out he has a drug addiction and that his physique is so toned because of his low BMI due to wasting all of his money on cocaine/40oz-ers. you realize he's trying to get you (a good girl) under his thumb, and you realize that you just got trumped by an asshole.

just saying. the snakes in the grass definitely exist. i'm not speaking from personal experience, btw.

imschatz

Reaction score
If you have seen the show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" ..

D- emonstrate value
E- ngage physically
N- urture dependence
N- eglect emotionally
I- nspire hope
S- eparate entirely

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Originally Posted by gilwood
No. They are just looking for acceptance in someone that reminds them of their father figure. Just like guys date girls that remind them of their mom's.

So, you're answer should really be yes.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If a woman finds out a guy is a douche and then dumps him, she probably didn't "deserve" it and did not judge him properly on the way into the relationship. However, if it becomes a clear pattern, friends and familiy are telling her repeatedly that this latest guy is an asshole, she probably is not experiencing a string of coincidentally asshole boyfriends.

To keep this non-misogynistic (which quickly happened in some posts above), does a guy deserve it if his gf/sig O is a manipulative slut? I mean, if women can get into relationship patterns, can't men?

To tomgirl: I find it fascinating that apparently a guy has to pay for dinner, even after the relationship is well established. Guys, take note of this.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
To tomgirl: I find it fascinating that apparently a guy has to pay for dinner, even after the relationship is well established. Guys, take note of this.

hmm...i'm not sure if the relationship hit "well established" grounds. i'm talking merely in the courtship phases. also, many many guys insist repeatedly to me that they were taught to always pay at dinner with a date. definitely old fashioned, but i've heard that before. i'm not opposed to paying for us out of my own free will occasionally, and not just because the guy is "broke".

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
If a woman finds out a guy is a douche and then dumps him, she probably didn't "deserve" it and did not judge him properly on the way into the relationship. However, if it becomes a clear pattern, friends and familiy are telling her repeatedly that this latest guy is an asshole, she probably is not experiencing a string of coincidentally asshole boyfriends.

Depends on what is your definition of douche!

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
hmm...i'm not sure if the relationship hit "well established" grounds. i'm talking merely in the courtship phases. also, many many guys insist repeatedly to me that they were taught to always pay at dinner with a date. definitely old fashioned, but i've heard that before. i'm not opposed to paying for us out of my own free will occasionally, and not just because the guy is "broke".

True, but the guy paying for everything has to stop somewhere. Women earn more than they used to in the past.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
yea, mostly. but to be honest there are a few guys who really know how to manipulate in order to seem most attractive to women when they first meet them. sure, he's well dressed. he'll open doors, tell you how "fascinating" you are, how he hasn't liked any other girl the same way before, buying you dinners left and right, blowing up your cell phone with semi-irritating <3's and i-miss-you's...and then just when you finally think "alright, fine. i guess he's actually a hot guy with some class.", he starts acting like a total dick and showing up to dates wearing sweatpants and telling you that he doesn't have enough money to spot for dinner. you find out he has a drug addiction and that his physique is so toned because of his low BMI due to wasting all of his money on cocaine/40oz-ers. you realize he's trying to get you (a good girl) under his thumb, and you realize that you just got trumped by an asshole.

just saying. the snakes in the grass definitely exist. i'm not speaking from personal experience, btw.

True. Just dump such a guy!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami