• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do women prefer the scruffy or smooth shave?

doctorbob

Reaction score
Guys, what look do you think your wives/girlfriends prefer -- that you're clean shaven, or have a day or two of beard growth?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by doctorbob
Guys, what look do you think your wives/girlfriends prefer -- that you're clean shaven, or have a day or two of beard growth?

The girls I know would say the 2-3 day stubble. I look like a kid when I'm clean shaven though FWIW.

Superfluous Man

Reaction score
Depends on the woman. Mixing it up between BBS and 2 day scruff seems close to optimal. Any more than two days and my face gets unhappy.

BigPoppa

Reaction score
I look better with a day or so growth of beard, but it leads to unnecessary chafing on the woman's skin.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither, full beard FTW. Gotta commit, instead of just forgetting to shave for a couple days...

But, between the two- I find most women like the look of the scruffy, but as far as getting close they prefer clean shaven as they complain the stubble scratches/tickles them.

freeAgent

Reaction score
Most women I've asked about it prefer stubble on guys.

LOU A VILLE

Reaction score
I feel like a look best with a slight stubble, but the wife likes it smooth

Stylin247

Reaction score
2-3 days of stubble is preferred most of the time in my age group, being 18-25.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends a lot on the woman + guy. Some guys can grow solid scruffy facial hair, but the 2-3 day stubble looks horrible on a lot of guys, especially younger ones. A lot of guys my age (19) get more of the pedostache look than Brad Pitt.

nsimp

Reaction score
My girlfriend prefers clean shaven when kissing and such, but as far as looks go, she digs the scruffyness, it just irritates her skin.

mmadha

Reaction score
As a wet shaver I certainly hope smooth as a baby's bottom is preferred. If not I like wet shaving too much too give it up.

shademore

Reaction score
Women are confused animals. They like the rough and scruff look, but want the smoooth feel.

Beware what you want young lady... you just might get it.
Goes for you ladies too.

melwoesblvd

Reaction score
how bout this, i dont give a fuck what a woman prefers/complains about. im a man and if i want a beard i'll have one, if i don't, i wont. pull up your panties fuckers and stand up tall.

Superfluous Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by melwoesblvd
how bout this, i dont give a fuck what a woman prefers/complains about. im a man and if i want a beard i'll have one, if i don't, i wont. pull up your panties fuckers and stand up tall.

Word. Some days I don't feel like shaving and thats all there is to it.

KPO89

Reaction score
The majority of women I've been with prefer scruff.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.