Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do Women Change After Marriage?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HgaleK, May 11, 2011.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Vintage JLib. Shows up, out-eloquents everyone, and ends up owning the place.

If by owning, you mean posts a disgusting misogynistic post as he is known to do and then pretty much everyone is disgusted but nobody says anything b/c it's JLib, then yeah, he owned.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

If by owning, you mean posts a disgusting misogynistic post as he is known to do and then pretty much everyone is disgusted but nobody says anything b/c it's JLib, then yeah, he owned.

I have to say I'm glad my experiences with women, on a whole, do not align with his apparent entirety.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

My wife has changed incredibly little since we married almost eleven years ago. I can't speak for women in general.

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I have to say I'm glad my experiences with women, on a whole, do not align with his apparent entirety.
    AFAIK, JLib has been married a couple times and burned pretty badly at least once. It makes sense that he is so angry at the opposite sex. But that doesn't make it any more right or any less disgusting.

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I think women are fundamentally very unpleasant people. They hate peace. They hate seeing their man happy and contented because they are incapable of achieving these psychic states. They put up a facade of charm and allure and then drop the mask in marriage. Old Hesiod had it right some 2700 years ago when he described them as the "kalon kakon"--"the beautiful evil."

I can recall talking to one friend of mine. I said I could never quite understand men who will say things like, "Oh, my wife is my love, my best friend, my life, my whole world...I just love her so much." "Are such men self-deluding, lucky as lottery winners or just liars?" I asked. My friend, who has been married over 50 years, firmly replied, "They are liars."

To tell the truth, I don't think it would be possible to live with any human being--male or female--for any great length of time without disliking them intensely much of the time.

o hallo mr. bukowski

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

(...)

To tell the truth, I don't think it would be possible to live with any human being--male or female--for any great length of time without disliking them intensely much of the time.

I wouldn't say I'm disgusted with his viewpoint: it is what it is and I'm willing to accept it as a fair but unfortunate product of his experiences, particularly the bolded.

As for me and the Mrs, well...she's changed in ways I'd have preferred she not change, and she's left a few things alone I would rather have her change, but I'm sure she could say the same about me. She really knows how to get under my skin and piss me off, but at the same time there's no one I forgive as quickly.

7. Piobaire

I wouldn't say I'm disgusted with his viewpoint: it is what it is and I'm willing to accept it as a fair but unfortunate product of his experiences, particularly the bolded.

As for me and the Mrs, well...she's changed in ways I'd have preferred she not change, and she's left a few things alone I would rather have her change, but I'm sure she could say the same about me. She really knows how to get under my skin and piss me off, but at the same time there's no one I forgive as quickly.

I think most of us have a pretty small N for basing these opinions on. If you had asked me about marriage, after I broke up with a live in I had in the 90s, I would have given you an answer pretty close to JLibs. There was a time where I told everyone I was done with real relationships and was just going for one night stands and FBs.

Then I found Mrs. Piob and I can honestly say we've never gotten into an actual fight, I think in well over a decade she's raised her voice to me once and I to her maybe twice. She would never do something designed to piss me off or get under my skin and I would never do that to her. We love spending as much time together as possible, enjoy most of our hobbies together, and really are each other's best friend at this point.

So, in conclusion, YMMV.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I think most of us have a pretty small N for basing these opinions on. If you had asked me about marriage, after I broke up with a live in I had in the 90s, I would have given you an answer pretty close to JLibs. There was a time where I told everyone I was done with real relationships and was just going for one night stands and FBs.

Then I found Mrs. Piob and I can honestly say we've never gotten into an actual fight, I think in well over a decade she's raised her voice to me once and I to her maybe twice. She would never do something designed to piss me off or get under my skin and I would never do that to her. We love spending as much time together as possible, enjoy most of our hobbies together, and really are each other's best friend at this point.

So, in conclusion, YMMV.

You do realize that your experiences are not really the norm, don't you Piob?

9. landshark

landshark Senior member

Neither are exepriences like JLib and others. Honestly, there are batshit insane women out there. They are out there to illuminate the quality and worth of a decent woman. The point is not to marry the batshit insane women.

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

You realize that, unlike JLibourel, he isn't trying to make grand proclamations about men/women but merely offering a counterpoint to the vile misogyny some have displayed.

11. Piobaire

No, actually I do not. I read your posts on women though, or should I say "bitches" or "hussies" or one of the other many telling names you constantly use for women?

Fuuma = [​IMG]

12. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Neither are exepriences like JLib and others. Honestly, there are batshit insane women out there.

About 99.5% of the whole damn sex, I'd say.

I have remarked before that sane, decent women are about like Bigfoot, probably non-existent, at best, extremely rare and elusive!

In regard to my marital history, I had two short-lived disastrous marriages. My present wife, whatever her shortcomings, is incomparably better than the first two. In fact, I am sure that almost everybody who meets her no doubt thinks I am the luckiest man in the world to have her--so fit, youthful, stylish and attractive; so warm, caring, outgoing, engaging and upbeat. All I am going to say is that the private reality is considerably different!

13. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

The worst mistake you can make is to marry a women who thinks she's your equal half. A female role is one of a mother, if she cannot accept that, then she is going to destroy you and your family by taking home men and ignore the kids. Some of the most wonderful women I've met tend live in fucked up places like Antigua in Guatemala or Bulawayo in Zimbabwe.

14. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

The worst mistake you can make is to marry a women who thinks she's your equal half.
    Which rules out just about all American and other "Western" females.
    Hey, there you go! What's the going bride-price for a good-looking Matabele girl in Bulawayo--20 head of long-horned cattle?

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You realize that, unlike JLibourel, he isn't trying to make grand proclamations about men/women but merely offering a counterpoint to the vile misogyny some have displayed.
    I never said he was. I was actually attempting to point out how rare and special his experience is, not denigrate it in any way.
    No, actually I do not. I read your posts on women though, or should I say "bitches" or "hussies" or one of the other many telling names you constantly use for women? Fuuma = [​IMG]
    Stop being so damn sensitive. I was attempting to point out the rarity of your experience, not the negatives. Also, don't lump me in the misogynists. I don't pull any of that bullshit around here and you know it. Just because I don't believe in "love" or marriage doesn't make me a woman hater.