• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do we still need ESPN?

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Honestly, I watch more ESPN News than I do Sports Center. I just want the scores and highlights. I don't need to see a bunch of retired coaches and players spouting off about obvious ****.

That's smart.

I think my new found fascination with soccer stems from not having watched it until a couple years ago. So when I watch say Barca and see Xavi, Messi, et al do absolutely amazing things I watch it in awe blurting out "Holy ****!". Since I grew up and watched so much of the other sports, it's like I don't see anything new and while I'm still in awe over certain things, it just isn't as captivating.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whenever I watch espn I'm stunned at how much it's like Entertainment Tonight, except with athletes instead of actors.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Championship Week.

Seeing all these small schools - some of which I never heard of - fight like dogs for their conference championship and one spot in the NCAA tournament in tiny gyms across the country... well, sir, sports doesn't get any better than that.

sunror

Reaction score
im sure espn is much bigger than it's ever been with all its channels and websites...

espn3.com is a nice resource, i watch nba on the tv channel and sc is good if you catch a string of nfl or nba highlights, much quicker/more compact than nbatv

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I ask this because with the NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA & Golf networks it doesn't seem that this channel is needed. I don't watch a lot of college sports, but I guess you could make an arguement for ESPN U. I do watch a lot of baseball and while I don't like him personally, Peter Gammons going to MLB network was a huge power shift.

It's the giant, by far the largest audience aggregating sports media company in the world... penetration of the subscriber-only networks is miniscule by comparison.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads