Do we really need this?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Jul 29, 2004.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I mean, really do we need this? Who buys this stuff? [​IMG] Jon. BTW: retail price is $32. And, NO I have never seen it on sale.

2. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Here's a bowl to go with it. Last year I remember getting a misdelivered NM catalog meant for the old resident of my dorm, and they had a complete "Burberry for Dog" section. So it's not just RL that's nuts.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Great, what's next? Kiton catnip?

Jon.

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

You are both sadly mistaken. Unfortunatley its not RL that is nuts nor is it Burberry. Its the people that buy that are nuts. In fact, if there were people that were buying that and RL or Burberry did not make a product to meet that need then they would be nuts. JJF

5. quill

quill Senior member

The Royal Palace in Edinburgh has a graveyard that is reserved only for the dogs of military men and troops. Noble tradition, if you ask me. 'Course, they're all six feet under, not trotting around sporting polos. May I suggest Saliva Row for the very best in bespoke bow-wow? [​IMG]

6. SwaG

SwaG Well-Known Member

Does it come with MOP buttons, and will the collar stay up?

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(aybojs @ 29 July 2004, 3:46) Here's a bowl to go with it. Last year I remember getting a misdelivered NM catalog meant for the old resident of my dorm, and they had a complete "Burberry for Dog" section. So it's not just RL that's nuts.
    You are both sadly mistaken. Unfortunatley its not RL that is nuts nor is it Burberry. Its the people that buy that are nuts. In fact, if there were people that were buying that and RL or Burberry did not make a product to meet that need then they would be nuts. JJF
    Did I mention that RL was nuts? I think not. Sir, I challenge you to a duel at 20 paces. Ok, back to reality...the people who buy this stuff are nuts, not the intelligent purveyor whom gains a profit from such nincompoops. Jon.

8. TomW

TomW Senior member

I have a neighbor who wears a good deal of Burberry outerwear, she has a matching piece in each style for her Yorkshire Terrior. It is a frightening sight. The dog has more high end designer accessories than most people.

There is obviously a market, and as FIH says, they'd be crazy to ignore it.

9. quill

quill Senior member

The only reason you always see canines wearing tops and not bottoms is that dogs already have plenty of "pants." (Somebody throw this guy out..)

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

LOL. Our 4-legged friends need New Bone St. as well, to adorn themselves in the finest accessories. [​IMG] Jon.

11. quill

quill Senior member

(quill @ 29 July 2004, 4:24) May I suggest Saliva Row for the very best in bespoke bow-wow? [​IMG]
    LOL. Our 4-legged friends need New Bone St. as well, to adorn themselves in the finest accessories. [​IMG] Jon.
    Aah, the gauntlet has been thrown down. Anybody else care to go for a walk down bad-pun lane? No one to keep you on a short leash. [​IMG]

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

To the first part: No. It is RL Polo, not Purple Label. As to the second part: it will stay up only if the dog does not constantly bend down to lick itself.

Jon.

13. quill

quill Senior member

Really.

When we see a gimmick like this, it must give us...paws.

14. SwaG

SwaG Well-Known Member

Are you saying that if i get polo shirt for my bulldog, the ladies will hound me??? [​IMG]

15. quill

quill Senior member

Hush, puppy, don't want to give away your secrets. I don't know; the doll may shun, but it could do the trick. (and you devil, hiding the name "wag" withinin your own psuedonym&#33[​IMG] [​IMG]