Do we give Paris Hilton the benefit of the doubt?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Tokyo Slim, Aug 8, 2006.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Well, it's actually hard for us young socialites. People just don't understand.

LMFAO.

Jon.

2. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

My free cable was recently cut, I almost never hear about Paris fortunatly.
    Currently 50 is basically garbage. But his mix tapes from 2001-2003 were amazing. He's like Jigga changed his style, for the worse, for mass consumption.

Embarrassingly enough I listen to quite a bit of Dip Set, though I'm not silly enough to defend it.

First of all, I really agree with Getsmart. I'm hearing some very deep routed envy from a lot of people on this issue.

About 50, obviously most people never listened to more than his singles... there are definately some really good songs on the massacre that have been given no credit.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I don't have any problem with Paris Hilton. Don't like her, don't hate her. Folks have waaay too strong a reaction towards her, which my Freud 101-sense tells me they must be deeeep down very jealous of her.

Hearing about her on entertainment shows is like keeping tabs on the life of a martian.

The problem is that even if one tries to avoid her, i.e. I don't watch any "˜celebrity entertainment shows' she still shows up. In a web advertisement, or something...it's really damn annoying. Frankly, I could give a shit about her, BUT it's this "˜in your face' mentality for her to show off, and for others trying to make money off of showing her off that I can't stand. Get her (and half of the other half-assed so-called "˜celebrities') off my web browsing and TV screen.

Jon.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

First of all, I really agree with Getsmart. I'm hearing some very deep routed envy from a lot of people on this issue.

About 50, obviously most people never listened to more than his singles... there are definately some really good songs on the massacre that have been given no credit.

Yes, but 50 became famous for actually doing something. Not everyone has songs as good as his, if not they would be making music videos too. PH on the other hand? No talent.

Jon.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

[​IMG]

It's not that hard to quit you, Tokyo.

Dude, did that awkward silence when we were talking not suggest to you that I was *happily* married [​IMG]

6. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Yes, but 50 became famous for actually doing something. Not everyone has songs as good as his, if not they would be making music videos too. PH on the other hand? No talent.

Jon.

haha wait till you hear her album. (I haven't yet). She hired producer Scott Storch, who is currently incredibly successful. I can't wait to see how that pans out...

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Back on topic, I liked Conan's joke last night.

She's only had sex with two men once. Every other time, it was with three men.

That's not even riding the train. What exactly is that?

8. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Back on topic, I liked Conan's joke last night.

She's only had sex with two men once. Every other time, it was with three men.

That's not even riding the train. What exactly is that?

It's more like a dirty, dirty NYC subway car from the 70s. Like in The Warriors.

9. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

I don't generally watch entertainment shows or read People-type mags, but I don't make great efforts to avoid them either, and I don't really hear about Paris that much. I really don't understand where people are encountering her all that much that they're annoyed with her. I just see her occasionally on magazine covers like a ton of other celebs. Frankly, I've read more about Paris on message boards like this with people screaming about how much they hate her than anywhere else. [​IMG]

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

you guys should read the british interview: http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/...4852?source=PA The hotel heiress said she would not recognise the British Prime Minister. Asked by GQ magazine if she fancied Tony Blair, a confused Hilton replied: "Who?" After giving it some thought she said: "Oh yeah... he's like your president?" Then she admitted: "I don't know what he looks like."

11. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I think it was Leno who pointed out that Paris hasn't indicated whether the 365 days without sex are consecutive or not. [​IMG]

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

I think it was Leno who pointed out that Paris hasn't indicated whether the 365 days without sex are consecutive or not. [​IMG]

I still don't think that changes my answer. [​IMG]

13. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

you guys should read the british interview:

http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/...4852?source=PA

The hotel heiress said she would not recognise the British Prime Minister. Asked by GQ magazine if she fancied Tony Blair, a confused Hilton replied: "Who?"

After giving it some thought she said: "Oh yeah... he's like your president?" Then she admitted: "I don't know what he looks like."

the sad thing is that this would apply to most people in America... most people can't even point to themselves on a map, much less know what a world leader looks like.

14. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

the sad thing is that this would apply to most people in America... most people can't even point to themselves on a map, much less know what a world leader looks like.

I'm on a map? [​IMG] I think that counts for more than fifteen minutes.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

What's a "˜world'? Is it that flat place? [​IMG]

Jon.