• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do they make stylish jeans for the larger man?

redmania

Reaction score
I don't mean Homer J simpson big. I mean rugby player big. I have big thighs and am a 36inch waist it's rare that I can find denim that's nice and fits my large thighs.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think a 36 is much of a problem. The biggest issue would probably be the jeans' cut. Of course a slim cut won't do for you.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in pretty much the same situation as you. Levi's relaxed fit does the trick for me. Not really comfortable (but I realized early on that if I want to wear jeans with fat thighs I'll have to live with tight), but it fits and looks decent. Best thing is it won't break the bank.

Studio27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sylax
As you did not mention the price, have a look at Dior Homme http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse...sp?id=10973260 Good quality, very HIGH price ...
... seriously? he said he was a bigger guy with large thighs. i don't think dior's would do the trick at all. For that price he could get a pair of 45rpm's which would probably be a bit more flattering (in some cuts anyway). This would probably be better asked in the "I have a jean" thread, and thigh measurements would be useful as people have very different definitions of large thighs. Edit: In SW&D section

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Depends on your budget. I find most Japanese brand jeans to be cut rather relaxed in the thighs. Check out blueingreensoho.com

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not overly fond of jeans. I bought my first pairs in over a decade just a year ago. My problem is my fat gut and, like you, big thighs.

I found a pair of jeans at Old Navy, of all places, that fit the bill perfectly. They have a great dark wash, a straight leg, a medium rise, and come in my size. They look, if I do say so, very good.

It just takes some time, and, as with all clothes, trying on a lot of stuff that looks like crap until you find the right ones.

b

sylax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Studio27
... seriously?
Yes
smile.gif

I pointed this item as it goes up to waist 36

For that price he could get a pair of 45rpm's which would probably be a bit more flattering (in some cuts anyway).

I agree with you but redmania asked for stylish jeans I advised him Dior, otherwise, I would have adivsed Iron Heart (http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/indigo634s.htm). They produce jeans with heavy Japanese denim.

This would probably be better asked in the "I have a jean" thread, and thigh measurements would be useful as people have very different definitions of large thighs.
Once again, I agree with you, there will be more answers in the "Streetwear and Denim" section.

Studio27

Reaction score
i was referring to the fact that dior jeans aren't made for larger guys. specifically, they aren't designed for people with larger thighs. again, it depends on how big his legs are... i've seen "big thighs" referred to as 18" before. (18 & dior, yes... 26/27 & dior, no)

gvibes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redmania
I don't mean Homer J simpson big. I mean rugby player big. I have big thighs and am a 36inch waist it's rare that I can find denim that's nice and fits my large thighs.
How big are your thighs? Mine are ~22-24" (I'm getting weird measurements here), and the APC rescues work great.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PC rescues are big, but they're also big in the waist (vanity sized - a size 34 tag is actually a size 36 waist, give or take, and some people would get a size 33). So you need to look at the dimensions at size 33 or 34. But it is an affordable option at full retail.

I have a 35-36 inch waist (been losing a little bit of weight), and 25 inch thighs. I find my Nudie used Straight Sven One Wash in size 36 to be kind of baggyish in the thighs, although I've heard that the selvage versions are slimmer (or more accurately, the one wash versions are cut bigger). I also like my Earnest Sewn Fulton in Line Dry in size 36 as they stretched out pretty well (they were tight in the thighs at the time of purchase). The Lee 101z's actually seem comfortable right off the bat, but I think the waist will stretch out.

dba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redmania

have you considered the urban brands...Enyce, Akademiks, Phat Farm, Sean John, Ecko, Mecca, etc.?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Rag & Bone RB6-model would suit your needs. Fuller-cut in the thighs, straight from the knee down. Medium rise, not too low like some jeans. The denim, finishing, and detailing is very nice.

Karo

Reaction score
I've seen PRPS on big guys, looks good but I'm not a fan of their brand for some reason.

redmania

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dba
have you considered the urban brands...Enyce, Akademiks, Phat Farm, Sean John, Ecko, Mecca, etc.?

No and to be honest I don't think I would.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads