• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do these shoes look stupid?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I posted about these on the "regrettable purchase" thread....Icon sneakers that are photo printed. Got them at Fred Segal in 2000 or 01. cost way too much...wore them a few times but have been sitting in back of closet for years. dusted them off and cleaned em up to see if I changed my mind about them....but I can't tell if they are stupid as ****, or kinda cool and not that bad. I can't seem to look at them with any objectivity so opinions would be appreciated. They'd be worn very casually, with a tshirt, like today:

iconshoesso6.jpg

thoughts?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Could be worse, but I really don't like them with the jeans and t-shirt. Partially the color is just off, but I also think they'd work a little better as part of outfit that overall conveys of touch of self-mockery or irony -- the whole "I'm deliberating stradding the line between clever and stupid" thing. To me, they just look really icongruous with an otherwise laid-back-who-gives-a-**** look.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, man, but definitely one vote here for stupid as ****. I embrace a lot of various aesthetics here that I don't like but appreciate for their diversity, but I just can't take these seriously in any way.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
I'm not being goofy here, I would rather wear shoes made of tampons than those. Your initial feelings are correct, they are "Ugly As ****"!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
unfortunately, IMO they're probably more towards stupid the as **** than the kinda cool aesthetic
frown.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
thanks for feedback....it's as I thought, my feet look stupid as **** today

just gotta get thru a few more hours...
frown.gif
confused.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Hey, you gotta throw a few hail mary's once in a while. Plus it probably makes your coworkers secretly happy to realize that you're sartorially human after all.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry, they're ridiculous.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Plus it probably makes your coworkers secretly happy to realize that you're sartorially human after all.

one guy bent down to do the "what the **** are you wearing" stare so I mockingly kicked my foot up and mistimed where his face was and *accidentally* kicked him in the face. oops

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
If you have to think about it then they're not tight.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From a distance, they kind of look like camo clown shoes. They could work with something other than jeans, but I think these could be put to better use on eBay.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
one guy bent down to do the "what the **** are you wearing" stare so I mockingly kicked my foot up and mistimed where his face was and *accidentally* kicked him in the face. oops

lol8[1].gif

I'd say fleabay them off, Jason. They look ungraceful to say the least.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dio Boia! And I thought some Italian trainers were ugly!

I'd have to go with 'yes' to the question 'do they look stupid as..?'

They look like something designed by an art- or design school student for a high school project. How did those ever get into production? Apologies for any negative undertow on this reply. Put 'em on ebay.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
haha that's what someone at work said too...

I'd donate them to a soldier serving in Mid East, but I have too much respect for our troops there to do such a heinous act of 'generosity'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads