• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do these shoes look good and will they look good together with the chinos?

throwaway12

Reaction score
Sure...
Unless you're Jared Leto, or the MC at the Moulin Rouge, it comes off as trying too hard.
I'm trying to understand why does it come of as trying too hard. Please explain, I want to know :)

throwaway12

Reaction score
no...it looks hideous. I’m not really sure what the point of this is, as others have Already said so. But it seems as though you are reluctant to heed advice so go for it.
There was only 1 person who said it that they think it looks bad just a moment before you wrote this reply, and it's @mhip. So who are the "others" you are talking about.

Anyways, contrary to your belief, I'm interested in knowing why you think this combination will always look bad?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand why does it come of as trying too hard. Please explain, I want to know :)
Overly loud; looking for attention. It looks like either someone is cock-sure (but lacking sense) or insecure and trying to make up for it.
Also,
Peacock.jpg

throwaway12

Reaction score
Overly loud; looking for attention. It looks like either someone is cock-sure (but lacking sense) or insecure and trying to make up for it.
Also,
View attachment 1427588
1) Okay, well in that case can I wear the shoes and some other article of clothing in red at the same time, except pants and not look like I'm looking for attention?

2) Also, I'm not sure what do you mean by lacking sense? You mean stupid or?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) Okay, well in that case can I wear the shoes and some other article of clothing in red at the same time, except pants and not look like I'm looking for attention?

2) Also, I'm not sure what do you mean by lacking sense? You mean stupid or?
1) general advice would say you want to stick to one attention grabbing piece and allow the rest of your items to compliment it. Can you wear red elsewhere? Sure, but it's going to be drawing people's eyes to both your top and your shoes at the same time. If I were to wear those, I'd probably be wearing navy chino/jeans, grey chinos, or tan chinos.

2) style sense, restraint. That said, I'm coming from the more classic men's wear perspective, and not the street wear style.

Krown

Reaction score
In a color sense, they would match. But you really need to like the loud style.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.