• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do these shoes look good and will they look good together with the chinos?

throwaway12

Reaction score
I was wondering if this combination of these shoes+red chinos looks good? Or will it always look bad?

I'm considering to buy these items and wear them together, but don't know if the shoes look good on their own and if the chinos are going to go well with the shoes when worn together.

robxznyc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are just red sneakers and red chinos. Nothing wrong wearing them individually or together. They are very loud though and louder together. Do you have the personality to match? Like it could be a look for Ari Gold from Entourage.

throwaway12

Reaction score
They are just red sneakers and red chinos. Nothing wrong wearing them individually or together. They are very loud though and louder together. Do you have the personality to match? Like it could be a look for Ari Gold from Entourage.
Imagine you see a person walking down the street wearing these red chinos and these shoes, when you see him, what do you think about his clothing choice?

Note: This has nothing to do with personality, so please don't bring it up and don't try to convince me otherwise, I don't wanna waste my time arguing.

robxznyc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You were asking for opinions and you got mine solely for your benefit. If you don't like it just discard it as you wish. I won't waste my time to opine more since it's unappreciated.

throwaway12

Reaction score
You were asking for opinions and you got mine solely for your benefit. If you don't like it just discard it as you wish. I won't waste my time to opine more since it's unappreciated.
1) I was asking if this combination of these shoes+red chinos looks good? Or will it always look bad? It's a yes or no question, did I get an answer to it from you? No.

2) You misinterpret the question as evident by your answer. I didn't ask if it's okay to wear such pieces together or if they are loud.

3) It is pointed out to you that the question asked has nothing to do with personality.

4) You get angry and complain that you perceive an indication in my response that your poor skill to understand what is written and your inability to answer a yes or no question isn't appreciated, and on top of that you have the audacity to slander me.

Dear, take your shallow charade of class and decency with you and don't look back. I assure you, you won't be missed :)

robxznyc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) I was asking if this combination of these shoes+red chinos looks good? Or will it always look bad? It's a yes or no question, did I get an answer to it from you? No.

My answer was clear that yes or no depends on the person that's wearing them. How did I not answer your question?

2) You misinterpret the question as evident by your answer. I didn't ask if it's okay to wear such pieces together or if they are loud.

Your question doesn't require interpretation, but my answer might.

3) It is pointed out to you that the question asked has nothing to do with personality.

Again it's my opinion you don't need to agree but who are you to define that personality doesn't affect whether a look could work for them?

4) You get angry and complain that you perceive an indication in my response that your poor skill to understand what is written and your inability to answer a yes or no question isn't appreciated, and on top of that you have the audacity to slander me.

I wasn't angry or complaining. It's my response to your distain out of respect. As you said you don't appreciate my poor skill to understand what's written and my inability to answer yes or no, telling you I won't waste my time to opine more is saving you time. Audacity to slander you? I haven't started.

Dear, take your shallow charade of class and decency with you and don't look back. I assure you, you won't be missed :)

I answered your post for the purpose of giving you information to help you make the right decision. Even if you don't like it you don't get to attack me in return. Now I've got a glimpse of your personality and can answer yes, go all red. It's a perfect match to your one of kind personality.

Last edited:

johng70

Reaction score
@throwaway12 - you need to mature a bit if you want people to help you. You've made all of 4 posts here and you attack people trying to help you. Act more like a mature adult and you'll likely get more help.

throwaway12

Reaction score
As you said you don't appreciate my poor skill to understand what's written and my inability to answer yes or no, telling you I won't waste my time to opine more is saving you time. Audacity to slander you? I haven't started.
You get angry and complain that you perceive an indication in my response that...isn't appreciated, and on top of that you have the audacity to slander me.
I said I don't appreciate your poor response? Where?
Telling that the one asking for help doesn't appreciate an attempt to help when he doesn't say he doesn't is slander.

Also, objectively, this looks a lot like somebody being angry about something and complaining about it:
I won't waste my time to opine more since it's unappreciated.
I answered your post for the purpose of giving you information to help you make the right decision. You attacked me in return.
An attack? Far from it. The closest thing to an attack here is me telling you that you are free to go, I won't suffer from your decision to not stick around and the reasons why.

The fact that you perceive this as an attack is making your victim mentality and how unreasonably highly you think of yourself even more evident,as if it wasn't evident enough from your second response 😘

throwaway12

Reaction score
@throwaway12 - you need to mature a bit if you want people to help you. You've made all of 4 posts here and you attack people trying to help you. Act more like a mature adult and you'll likely get more help.
More slander. I made only 2 posts on this forum ever, and on the second post I ever received a response for the first time on this forum. The only one I ever replied to is @robxznyc until now. So who are the people you accuse me of attacking? Also, where did I ever attack @robxznyc, show me.

Also, this:
you need to mature a bit ... Act more like a mature adult
As if I already don't. Also, now this is what an attack looks like.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was all of this about to begin with?

Ah yes! Those shoes with red chinos? Sure...why not.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure...
Unless you're Jared Leto, or the MC at the Moulin Rouge, it comes off as trying too hard.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.