• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do these qualify as douchebag jeans?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...61&csform=null

I might buy a pair at that bargain price.
crackup[1].gif

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
They look like they're from Abercrombie & Fitch... so yes. Distressing like that is very distressing to me.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From style.com

The actual content cleaved pretty close to the style they have made their own, described succinctly by one of their key U.S. retailers as "designer Abercrombie." Translation: sportswear with bells on"”and pockets and zips and straps and hoods, and a few more pockets and zips for good measure.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're pretty douchebag and also $400 even with the coupon... that is what is distressing.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you really like them and you can get them for 30 bucks, go for it; otherwise, pass.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
What is the justification of that price? Really.
described succinctly by one of their key U.S. retailers as "designer Abercrombie."
There. You have it.
laugh.gif

theshonen8899

Reaction score
It looks like the owner of those jeans was attacked by a rabid dog, then thought the distressing was cool and put it on ebay.

Brian SD

Reaction score
DSquared does put out some really cool stuff, from time to time. Unfortunately that is not such a good example of it.

Douchebaggery, at it's finest! And probably homosexual douchebaggery at that (the best kind).

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
I think homosexuals have better style sense.

Those jeans make the mannequin look like it just got out of Auschwitz.

ineffable

Reaction score
I don't think they're all that bad. I'd probably remove the Lord tag on the back, but otherwise they look pretty good.. Would I pay $400+ on them? If they fit me really well I probably would. If you've never tried them on, I would definitely say no. Dsquared stuff as a rule is really overpriced, even when it is 50 or 60% off.

That being said, the fit of some of their items is spot on. I had a hoodie of theirs that I wore almost religiously just because the fit was so good. Their jeans, on the other hand, have never fit me well. They fit awkwardly from my experience. I would recommend trying before buying. And also looking around, because I'm sure you could find jeans just as nice for.. probably a quarter of the price.

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
I can't see that specific pair looking good on anyone, the distressing below the left pocket makes it look like there's a hip bone sticking out.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the hell would anyone pay $400 for jeans with White-out spilled on them? I had that **** in 4th grade for like $22. $20 for the Sears brand pants and $2 for the white out.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Headline question answer: Yes.

I am gay and still dislike them. I'm sure there are some stores on 8th ave in Chelsea that could sell them, but not for me, thanks.

GameBoy

Reaction score
Calling something duchebaggery because it is not your personal preference is rather closed-minded, and calling it homosexual is just offensive.

If you like them, and you have the cash: D.squared make quality clothing. Go for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads