• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do these dress pants not fit correct?

Reaction score
Really? That's crazy!; why would that be the case?
Is it possible for me to measure this myself to verify?
Should pant size be equal to your waist measurement exactly? or would you go slightly smaller to ensure a more snug fit?

Yes that makes sense I will probably go to my tailor and have them pin them and adjust the waist.
Vanity sizing my friend.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just measure the waistband and see for yourself. I could be wrong but it is a common enough practice. Trousers should ideally measure the same as where they sit on your body. If they are cut to sit at your waist then ideally the trouser waist = your waist. People usually fluctuate a bit in waist size so there isn’t usually much point in trying to be too precise. This is what belts or side adjusters are for. Suspenders are the most forgiving.

Reaction score
Just measure the waistband and see for yourself. I could be wrong but it is a common enough practice. Trousers should ideally measure the same as where they sit on your body. If they are cut to sit at your waist then ideally the trouser waist = your waist. People usually fluctuate a bit in waist size so there isn’t usually much point in trying to be too precise. This is what belts or side adjusters are for. Suspenders are the most forgiving.
Ok thanks man I'll do that and take them to the tailor's thanks for your help

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.