• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do these Allen Edmonds fit?

kaitocracy

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first pair of Allen Edmonds. I went to their outlet store (which is the only Allen Edmonds store within driving distance) and was sized at 6.5 E. I bought a pair of Park Avenues in 6.5 E which felt great in the store. After wearing them around the house for a couple of hours however my right foot hurt significantly and I realized that the shoes were a little too narrow and were causing the area right behind my toes on my right foot to bow. In addition the lace gap on the shoes was pretty large (almost half an inch).

I ordered a pair of Park Avenues online in 6 EE following the suggestion of many on this site to size down a half size and size up a width. As these shoes are wider my foot slides forward more and I feel my the position of the ball of my foot and my toe are more correct in this shoe. However my left heel has a little slippage. With the laces untied and my foot pushed all the way forward I can fit my index finger in the gap left in the heel. Repeating this procedure on my right foot I can barely slip my pinky in.

Given this slight heel slippage it seems that I should size down another half size. But size 6 is as far as I know the smallest size anyone makes in the US. What do I do?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much use without pictures. Take them to a repair place and get an expert's opinion. It sounds like one shoe might fit okay and the other might need some trickery in order to make its fit adequate. (People often have slight differences in foot size/shape.)

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much use without pictures. Take them to a repair place and get an expert's opinion. It sounds like one shoe might fit okay and the other might need some trickery in order to make its fit adequate. (People often have slight differences in foot size/shape.)
+1

...pictures?

kaitocracy

Reaction score
I actually took them to a shoe repair shop and was advised to go with the 6.5 Es. Thanks for your help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads