• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DO OCBDs look better or worse with the chest pocket?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I now have pockets put on all my shirts. I find them useful.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the TaT x KentWang OBCD?

No pocket, trim fit.

It just rocks out. I love following the firm distinction between formal and casual shirt. The collar choice changes a look so much.

I got a stack of white BB OBCD's that I plan on slimming down and de-pocketing to have for my casual "uniform"

orthofrancis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I now have pockets put on all my shirts. I find them useful.

I concur - it seems to be the best place to keep my cell phone. I can not stand a belt holster for a phone - looks horrible. Keeping it in my trousers pockets seems equally abhorrent, as I can barely stand to keep my key chain in them.

Where does everyone keep their cell phones? Or is this a gauche question, as most everyone else just hires a man-servant to carry it for them?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by orthofrancis
I concur - it seems to be the best place to keep my cell phone. I can not stand a belt holster for a phone - looks horrible. Keeping it in my trousers pockets seems equally abhorrent, as I can barely stand to keep my key chain in them.

Where does everyone keep their cell phones? Or is this a gauche question, as most everyone else just hires a man-servant to carry it for them?

i usually keep everything in my pants pockets. Isn't that the most logical and unobtrusive place?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have them with flap pocket, button-through pocket, pocket, and no-pocket.

Looks are subjective. I like them all.

Wearing BB MTM no-pocket right now.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Funny this thread is up now.
Yesterday I received my 4th MTM BB OCBD. The first ones were with pocket but on this one the factory messed up and forgot the pocket. I was miffed upon receipt but now like the look.

By the way, BB MTM OCBDs are excellent if you stress (quadruple stress, maybe) NO LINING ANYWHERE (that means collar and cuffs). A few times I've made this clear, seen it written on the order form, and received the shirt with lining all the same. BB is very kind about fixing these types of errors.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Why don't you like the lining?

Makes the shirts really stiff. OC is thick enough already; it does not need interlining, except maybe in the collarband.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
For those who prefer pocketless, where do you carry your pen and reading glasses?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
For those who prefer pocketless, where do you carry your pen and reading glasses?

Exactly. I put pen in there for maximum dork factor. Also blackberry sometimes. Or building key card.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My jacket pockets.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Exactly. I put pen in there for maximum dork factor. Also blackberry sometimes. Or building key card.

Umm, for MAXIMUM dork factor, shouldn't you clip your building key card/employee ID to the pocket?
smile.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Umm, for MAXIMUM dork factor, shouldn't you clip your building key card/employee ID to the pocket?
smile.gif

Well, to be fair, if you have to clip your ID somewhere, I don't see how this is any dorkier than clipping it anywhere else.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the hate for keeping things in pants pockets?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads