• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do nudies stretch ?

vincent

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of nudie jeans. They are quite tight and I bought them in a smaller since I figured they would stretch a little ( like the pairs of PD&CS that I have).

I know there are millions of threads about this topic. Sorry in advance

viking_mike

Reaction score
are you ******* kidding me?????? does anybody know how to read/search any one of the gagillion threads on nudies and raw jeans

vincent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
are you ******* kidding me?????? does anybody know how to read/search any one of the gagillion threads on nudies and raw jeans

Yes, I can read. I can also write and calculate !

Stick to cartoons.

viking_mike

Reaction score
well apparently you have no common sense...

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viking, be gentle.

What kind of nudie did you buy? Most of them will stretch a bit, about one inch at the waist, and they'll shrink back when washed.

!luc

beefcake

Reaction score
the thread topic made me laugh actually, i thought it was a joke at first...

yes, they will stretch, and if they're only "quite tight" right now it'll be just fine in a bit. (a day or two)

personally i buy jeans really tight so that they stretch into being "quite tight" later on.
smile.gif
i rarely wash jeans though, so if you're into pre-distressed/washed stuff then it's not something i recommend.

there are alot of threads about this so have a look around and you'll find everything you need to know.

swooc

Reaction score
My rrds stretched from w31 to w34. I dont think they are suppose to stretch that much in the waist so my conclusion is that they weren't a true w31 from the beginning.

roundhouse

Reaction score
my slim jims stretched from 28 to 31. if u wear them low on ur hips they stretch more

BioSore

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of bootcut olas. In a wash. I sized down, thinking that they'd stretch like most dry jeans, not thinking about why they stretched like that. Oh well, though, I won't be washing them much either because I want to add some whiskering and/or honeycombes anyways. I think it'll be alright though.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
If your jeans stretch too much and you don't wash them often (you dirty bastard) use the patented BrianSD method: 15 min in the dryer, inside-out, WITHOUT washing them first. Oh and ad a bounce sheet in the back pocket to remove the disgusting smell of jeans that haven't been washed in a year
crazy.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
If your jeans stretch too much and you don't wash them often (you dirty bastard) use the patented BrianSD method: 15 min in the dryer, inside-out, WITHOUT washing them first. Oh and ad a bounce sheet in the back pocket to remove the disgusting smell of jeans that haven't been washed in a year
crazy.gif

Interestingly, this method has never worked for me on unwashed jeans. It works like a charm after you've had your first wash though.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike

If this were such an issue, there'd be more of an outcry. Give me a break, forum guard dog. Who cares if it's posted elsewhere, don't read it. You're one of those losers who gets incredibly mad when someone posts a topic outside of a specific forum... get a life.

viking_mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
If this were such an issue, there'd be more of an outcry. Give me a break, forum guard dog. Who cares if it's posted elsewhere, don't read it. You're one of those losers who gets incredibly mad when someone posts a topic outside of a specific forum... get a life.
first off how is this topic not related to this specific forum? forum guard dog??? hardly, i have under 50 posts here. i just find it quite odd that this forum has loads of info that apparently nobody reads as the same questions are asked over and over again. don't you think people would learn after seeing the same questions repeatedly? get a life? if i didn't have one i would have more posts than i already do.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel viking's pain. There have been record levels of newbness around here recently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads