- May 21, 2008
- Reaction score
- New Samsung PN64D7000, HD, 3D, Plasma, 64 inches
- Room is 14'w x 24' l, ceiling is 10' high. TV is at the end of the room.
- 4 windows, 2 on the right wall as you face the TV, 1 almost directly parallel to it, but the blinds are always closed
- I don't watch sports or game. It's just TV and movies.
- I don't own movies, so I don't have a DVD player. Between Netflix, Hulu, and Pay Per View, I'm good.
So professional calibration seems to be running $150 and up.
- Are there any do-it-yourself options, e.g., someplace where I can find generic specs that I can use?
- If I did it myself would the quality of the picture it be significantly less than if I pay a pro?
- Again, I don't have a DVD player so a disk with color bars, etc. isn't going to do me any good.
Thanks in advance.