• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do i need to lose weight or gain muscle

EOD2009

Reaction score
I want to get really toned for the summer could anyone plz tel me what exercises i should be doing and food to be eating??i duno whether to be losing weight or tryin to turn it into muscle here are pics of my body can any1 help plz?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You have no muscle. Lift weights. Loosing more weight is just going to make you look frail. Go find a good full-body weight lifting routine and eat clean.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eat a crap-load of food every day and work out.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EOD2009
I want to get really toned for the summer could anyone plz tel me what exercises i should be doing and food to be eating??i duno whether to be losing weight or tryin to turn it into muscle here are pics of my body can any1 help plz?

http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt250/jj2009_02/

please gain a few pounds of muscle. it may just be a case of you just needing to tone up your existing muscle. that is all.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just FYI- you don't have gynecomastia, just fat with no muscle backing it. You need to add start lifting. There are hundreds of threads covering the topic here, and google has another million or two.

Edit: your body fat is looking to be low enough that the muscle will really make a difference, and should be easily added. You'll get much faster results by lifting than by dieting (especially without the research backing a diet)

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're super fat.

Please stop eating cheesy poofs.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Eat a crap-load of food every day and work out.

That's terrible advice. Eat clean (low fat, whole grain, high protein) and work out. You'll be fine. Since you don't have a lot of fat you'll show muscle tone quickly. Six-pack abs here you come!

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skinny fat. just go running for a bit or pick up some heavy objects (weights are good). stop eating processed crap. worry about your protein/fat/carb breakdown later because right now you just look like you need some exercise.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First thing you should do, is find a Premiership club to support. LOL, jk, hopefully the Mags can stay up, won't be the same w/out them.

Try running and doing some push/sit ups to start. See how that goes, but be sure to eat lean proteins as much as you can. If nothing, hit the gym for some lifting.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Can't be certain from your limited pictures, but my guess is you are very soft and have a high fat content and low existing muscle mass.

I would suggest you cut down a few kilos, and then commence a bulking phase. You will need to join a gym and become acquainted with:

- Dead lifts
- Squats
- Lunges
- GHR
- Bench Presses
- Over head presses
- Pull ups
- Dips

These are compounds and being a noob, you will make relatively quick gains with these. Eat a clean high protein diet and supplement with Whey protein to get up to about 140 grams of the stuff per day.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not of the mind that you have to join a gym in order to get in shape. I really believe you can do all you need without it. All you need is a pull-up bar, a dumbell set, a chair, cardio equipment, and a cushion or two. This site is the best, IMO: http://scoobysworkshop.com/index.htm

enjoiii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
I'm not of the mind that you have to join a gym in order to get in shape. I really believe you can do all you need without it. All you need is a pull-up bar, a dumbell set, a chair, cardio equipment, and a cushion or two.

This site is the best, IMO: http://scoobysworkshop.com/index.htm

Well that may be true you don't need a gym to get in shape I would have to disagree and say that this is not the best way to go about it. You need a gym to work out effectively and you will get better results faster. Its like saying you don't need a BMW to get you somewhere a Pinto will get you there too, its just the BMW is going to get you there faster.

Since you obviously are just starting out I have heard a lot of good things about the west-side for skinny bastards program for putting on muscle and gaining strength.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part1.html

EdenResident

Reaction score
You're like me. Just eat a crap load of high quality, unrefined and natural food and lift a lot. Try to eat as much whole food as possible. These include
- lean meat (eye of round beef, chicken breast) and fish. Try grass-fed beef and free-range chicken if you can afford it.
- whole wheat bread, brown rice, quinoa
- fruits and veggies (lots of it but not together)
- good fats (olive oil, flax oil)
- flax seed for extra fiber
- raw milk or if you can't find raw milk, skim milk

Absolutely stay away from protein shake (whey supplement). The ONLY time when a shake can be consumed is immediately after workout when you need protein right away.

There's about 10% chance you're gonna stick to these advices, though, so *******. Go ahead and keep being skinny-fat.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
Absolutely stay away from protein shake (whey supplement). The ONLY time when a shake can be consumed is immediately after workout when you need protein right away.

Why?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads