Do I need to get this tailored? (pic)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bexcellence, Apr 6, 2012.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

well said

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Definitely wash and dry as suggested on the shirt label. Try it on again. If you're still unhappy, have a local tailor dart the shirt. Should be pretty cheap. Is that a CT shirt?

3. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Only wear shirt #1 at your Wall St firm if you want everyone to say terrible things about you behind your back.

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

ur shirt looks fine for a wall st intern.....don't try to bring too much style to the role until you prove yourself and/or get a permanent gig there...

5. md2010

md2010 Senior member

#1 the shoulder is about 2 sizes too small. Look at his left shoulder properly. And your shirt fits your perfectly. Women wears there cloths as tight as they can be.........You are not a women are you ?

6. JustDucky

JustDucky Member

Wow, misogyny and bad grammar. Golly gee, I'm impressed. [​IMG]

In all seriousness, I've lurked this thread since you posted it and I saw the photo you removed. Your other photo showed that it pulls far too tight across the buttons already. I don't think taking it in is a good idea at all. Especially if the gentlemen who suggested you wash it are correct in their assumptions that you haven't done so yet. Men tend to look best in clothing that is fitted, not tight.

7. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Can you take another picture of your blue shirt, but this time, tucked in properly ?
    And with a belt.

8. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

yes. tailored fit

9. Bexcellence

It seems like the shirt puffs out more when Im wearing a belt, I dont know why

Picture of just shirt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

10. Bexcellence

For those suggesting going to a tailor, what would I tell them to do? Charles T tailor fit shirts already come darted.

11. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

it looks to me like you're blousing it out on purpose...iow it doesn't look fully tucked in.

12. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

You'll never get a button down shirt fitting skin tight that actually works. The second you sit down the buttons will spread and make the shirt have horizontal wrinkles. They won't look very good.

The shirt you have fits fine. It actually fits quite well for RTW, minus the cuffs. Just tuck it in better. Yeah, pull it back a bit in the back.

You're also looking for a bespoke look on a rtw shirt. There's only so good a RTW shirt can get.

I've learned that skin tight never looks good in real life situations... unless you're going for a body-builder look. Then you can just get spandex.

If you're intent on getting this shirt altered, the can still bring in the waist from the side seams.

13. kasakka

kasakka Senior member

Anyone else think there is something strange about the sleeves on CT shirts? Mine look pretty much like that as in they seem to kinda twist and are much wider than most people's arms.

14. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

The sleeve fit depends on the cut. Classic shirts are cut fairly big, and the sleeves will puff and fold a little bit. The slim and tailored shirts will fit closer to the bicep with a higher armpit. As my tailor keeps reminding me, you need some "room to work" like moving your arms around, sitting, etc.

**Edit**

If this is a tailored shirt and you find it loose, I'm wondering how it fits in the collar. And did you wash the shirt?

15. Bexcellence

Its brand new. I am going to give it a wear and wash it and see how it goes.

I didnt get it tailored but its branded under "Tailored" by Charles T