• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do I need another Sport Coat?

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
I have a 2 btn SB Navy Blazer with Gold Tone Buttons and a 2 btn SB Brown Corduroy (no elbow patches). I wear the Navy when I have khakis or non-blue dress pants and the Corduroy works perfectly with the the dark blue jeans. I've been incorporating sport coats in my wardrobe for the past 4 months and myself as well as many others found that the look suits me well, so long as it doesn't have an "old man" feel to it.
I'm 25 and I generally wear button down shirts, plain sweaters, khakis, jeans, and charcoal pants.

Do I need another blazer to add to my casual/business casual wardrobe?

Eccentric

Reaction score
Yes, you do. The answer to that question will always be yes.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
of course you do

or buy two and get some % off
smile.gif

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Then I guess the next question would be which one. I'm caucasian with dark brown hair and eyes

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProfessorShak
Do I need another blazer to add to my casual/business casual wardrobe?

... the answer to your question is about as predictable as a hot co-ed on spring break asking if she should take her top off.
eh.gif

... anyhoo, how do you feel about tweed?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've had a lot of threads like this, so I know the answer to your question.

Either get one like you got, or get one that is different.

spence

Reaction score
How much closet space do you have left? Could you set up a rolling garment rack in the basement?

Until you have at least 2 or 3 in the closet still with the tags on you could always use another.

You are speaking with addicts you know
bounce2.gif

-spence

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
But can anyone recommend for my type?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But can anyone recommend for my type?

If it looks good on you, buy it. I am thinking a good earth-tone tweed would be nice for you. So would a camel-hair jacket. These are just starters. Jackets can be very addictive. I just received the 18th jacket in my wardrobe and would still like more, both for rotation and variety.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Try some darker tweeds for Winter starters. If you're feeling more adventurous you could go with a black sportscoat (danger = looking like you are wearing your dad's suit jacket with your jeans) or something lighter for summer (cream linen).

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like brown herringbone tweed would do the trick. Check out sales this time of year at Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers, J. Press and others. I am getting a Groundhog Day vibe here. Did you post this same question a while back and did I type the same answer, or was that someone else?

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
What colors/patterns should I be looking for?

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spence
Until you have at least 2 or 3 in the closet still with the tags on you could always use another.

Are you looking at me?

Are you looking at me??

blush.gif

What colors/patterns should I be looking for?

Glenplaid or herringbone tweed, or perhaps Donegal tweed (sort of a salt&pepper look)

RedScarf7

Reaction score
Would a site like styleforum exist if you didn't need another article of clothing (sport coat in this case...)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics