Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do Huddersfield Cloth make good quality suit fabrics?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fritz1970, Apr 28, 2013.

1. fritz1970

fritz1970 Member

Hey all, my first post!

I am considering buying some Huddersfield Cloth suit fabric that is on sale.

Can anyone tell me if it is a reputable brand?

Thanks for your feedback.

2. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

Dear Fritz

I don't think Huddersfield Cloth make anything. Rather, they are merchants of the products made by various mills - presumably in the Huddersfield area.

Huddersfield is a reputable mill area, but quality will depend on the merchant's spec or the mill's run.

Not much feedback on quality. Could only find this:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?102389-Huddersfield-Cloth

You may wish to compare them with this merchant, which is considered excellent:

http://www.hfwltd.com/

Regards
    Stiva

3. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

I am happy with my suits made up from their cloths - mostly English & Town classics and Royal Classic.

They have become a lot more expensive recently though (52 GBP for 1m of the new English Classics vs ~25GBP) and are also not willing to send out swatches any longer, which made me order from HFW or some other companies such as Draper's.

4. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Hey PKL, since we have a mutual love on Dugdale's classic offers. What other fabrics you may suggests?

5. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

My recent order were all for warmer weather, thus I did not really think of any alternatives yet. I might try out the Minnis Classic range or something similar from H&S or Draper's since my tailor loves both companies...