• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do hair products make your hair fall out?

Ricky247

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I had a quick question: I'm trying to find a hair style for myself, and from what I tried Mousse and American Crew Fiber (together) work best. But there's a problem, I'm not sure if American crew does, but I'm pretty sure mousse makes your hair fall out because it contains alcohol. I really like using mousse, but I don't want to loose my hair.

So 1. Is there any type of mousse that I can use that WON'T make my hair fall out.
2. What can I do to help keep my hair, and make it healthy.

Thanks a lot everyone and God Bless!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
More likely is that your hair if falling out due to baldness.

+1

If your hair is seriously thinning or falling out, I wouldn't place the blame on your styling product. Get some Rogaine and/or Propecia if you're concerned (but watch out for the side effects with the latter).

Ricky247

Reaction score
No, guys, I don't mean my hair is falling out now - it's not, it's healthy. I mean what's a safe product that I can so use that in the long run it won't effect my hair.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
no, excessive masturbation makes your hair fall out.

Monaco

Reaction score
There should be some natural hair waxes if you google it.

My hair stylish told me to stay away from hairspray, that stuff damages your hair the most.

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
The more you touch and run your fingers through your hair, the more chance you make hair fall out.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkstone
I think it depends on how thin or sensitive your hair is. My brother have our father's hair (thin) and if he scratches or rub a specific area often enough over time it may create a bald spot. (the hair eventually grow back) while this normally is not a problem for the average person's hair. Good thing our father do not have the bald gene, or he would quickly bald prematurely
5086.gif

theres no way this is true. unless ofcourse hes completely scratching his head to the point of breaking the skin.

Kslim

Reaction score
Your hair's gonna fall out regardless..

Ricky247

Reaction score
Well does anybody know any type of mousse that is more healthy for the hair? And i've heard American Crew Fiber may be good for the hair - is that true?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
personally i like Enjoy's creamy pomade. provides enough hold for medium to long hair (volume) and is palpable through the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads