1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Do cats go to heaven?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kent Wang, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

2. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

I can appreciate that cats are the only animal that chose humans as their cohabitants and not the other way around.
    Cats are not really domesticated animal like cow, horse, dog etc.
    Cats started to live with humans around the time humans started harvest crops.
    Humans were tolerating cats due to the fact that cats killed rodents that were eating stored grain. And cats tolerated humans because larger predators were not venturing close to human settlements thus cats were safer and with more food around humans than in a forest.
    Cats are definitely feminine and dogs are definitely masculine which one you prefer tells a lot about you.[​IMG]

3. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

4. j

j Senior member Admin

Can someone please, please kill that guy? The dude he sprayed with a syringe of his blood had a legitimate right to, and totally wussed out on it. I think maybe death by a bag of angry cats would be appropriate.

5. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Norwegian (I think) proverb:

In the dark, all cats are grey.

Hegel used this (with cows, not cats) to describe Shelling's conception of final wisdom.

6. Lucky Strike

Hegel used this (with cows, not cats) to describe Shelling's conception of final wisdom.
    From a German proverb, then?

7. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

From a German proverb, then?

No idea, sorry. Though Hegel does refer to it as "proverbial" he does not say where he got it.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Can someone please, please kill that guy? The dude he sprayed with a syringe of his blood had a legitimate right to, and totally wussed out on it. I think maybe death by a bag of angry cats would be appropriate.

I keep waiting for him to finish himself off, but the bastard seems as durable as your average cockroach.

9. RJman

I keep waiting for him to finish himself off, but the bastard seems as durable as your average cockroach.
    No, cockroaches have healthier complexions.

10. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

No idea, sorry. Though Hegel does refer to it as "proverbial" he does not say where he got it.

I take a wild guess and say that this proverb probably predates Egyptian civilization.

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

12. Lucky Strike

Nah, pop-star martyrdom is too good for him. I'd rather see him as an aging, pathetic ASBO king.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

No, cockroaches have healthier complexions.

Nah, pop-star martyrdom is too good for him. I'd rather see him as an aging, pathetic ASBO king.

Saw a picture of him not long ago and he looks like he could use a wire brush if he ever gets near soap and water. The idea that he would live past 30 simply does not compute. As for the pop-star martyr bit, well, first you've got to have some talent and a following. I'm not seeing it.

14. Kent Wang

I took Chairman Meow to the vet to be spayed and it turns out that she is actually a he, a male that was neutered very early on. Anyway, he's pretty much the friendliest cat of all time.

The vet also suggested that I name the next one Genghis Cat.

15. RJman

I took Chairman Meow to the vet to be spayed and it turns out that she is actually a he, a male that was neutered very early on. Anyway, he's pretty much the friendliest cat of all time.

Not Chiang Cat-Shek? Or the Pawchen Lama?

16. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

My gf adopted a cat recently, a turkish angorra and put it in my place.

Its bloody evil. There's no way in hell he's going to heaven.

His name is Mufasa

17. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

My gf adopted a cat recently, a turkish angorra and put it in my place.

Its bloody evil. There's no way in hell he's going to heaven.

His name is Mufasa

You know I noticed that all those Persian/Angorra furry cats (well those two that I knew) had mental problems. I hate those cats.
    Cat should be lean mean bird-catching machine with as short hair as possible.

18. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

I have been feeding this stray cat, though I haven't quite adopted her yet.

I have named her Chairman Meow.

[​IMG]

Did you finally adopt Chairman Meow? Look at the way he's looking at you, I think you've been adopted already

19. Kent Wang

Yes, I have adopted him. I even got a name tag for him. On the front it has his name and my phone number and on the reverse, it says "Religion is the catnip of the masses."

20. RJman

Chairman Meow is adorable. Are you going to set up a Catster page for him? Don't let him wander into Chinatown with a nametag like that...