Do cats go to heaven?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kent Wang, Mar 20, 2006.

1. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

awww
    [​IMG]

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

3. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

That's Oscar, right? What a gorgeous picture... [​IMG]

4. Kent Wang

That's Oscar, right? What a gorgeous picture... [​IMG]
    Yes it is. You should have the RJcat professionally photographed. The cost is nominal, the memories are forever.

5. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Oscar is one handsome cat.

I don't think this cat will ever go to heaven. Lewis was spared one of his nine lifes and senteced to house arrest for life for stalking and attacking its neighbors.

6. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

BTW, you know the reason the black death spread through Europe was because people kept on killing cats because they thought they were evil, thus the rodents the cats would usually kill multiplied and spread disease in an unprecedented scale.
    Not really, they were not that stupid. They had understood that the plague was spread by animals. It's just that they did not find the right animals: they were killing cats and dogs when the culprit was a flea found on rodents. Indeed, that policy made matters worse.

7. RJman

Sigh... There is a blog online called "Abbie the Cat Has a Posse". I wonder which Posse came first. I had never heard of it until recently. It's quite amusing.

8. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Catso, the big Maine coon who adopted my grandparents one Thanksgiving, didn't need a posse. He succeeded in terrorizing the other neighborhood cats all on his own. He would steal their food. He also developed several sources of handouts in the neighborhood.

9. mnemonic

mnemonic Senior member

cats are actually the gatekeepers to heaven, hence the fear and apprehension felt by those who don't trust them or don't believe in thier magical powers.

10. RJman

My cat is crurently the gatekeper to my keyboard it is hard typing arrgh

11. Kent Wang

Catso, the big Maine coon who adopted my grandparents one Thanksgiving, didn't need a posse. He succeeded in terrorizing the other neighborhood cats all on his own. He would steal their food. He also developed several sources of handouts in the neighborhood.
    This Catso sounds like quite the racketeer. Anyone remember Rescue Rangers, a kids cartoon from about ten years ago? The principal villain was Fat Cat and his mafia-like criminal organization. edit: Found some more info which you may be find interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Cat...cue_Rangers%29 [​IMG]

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

So Mats No Sue Seven?

13. RJman

14. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

This Catso sounds like quite the racketeer.

Catso appeared one Thanksgiving and was so impressed with the turkey handout he scored that he adopted my grandparents as their outdoor cat. During cold weather, a favorite activity of his was to sleep on the hood of whichever car had just come in from a drive and had the warmest engine. The cars got covered with his dirty pawprints.

We never learned where he came from or how old he was. The theory was that he had escaped from a car that passed through on I-95 or had run away from an abusive home. He had a mortal terror of brooms, which figured into the abuse theory. He was not afraid of every implement with a handle, however, and would often preside over gardening or construction projects around the yard.

One minor gardening project invloved planting a catnip plant. Subsequently, a miniature fence needed to be constructed to keep the catnip contained and to keep "Cat," as he was invariably called in tones of disapproval, from rolling over and crushing the adjacent flowers while he was getting wasted. Lord only knows what fantastic brutes he imagined hunting after a roll in that catnip bush, but he certainly pursued them with an acrobatic prowess that must have struck terror into their hearts if not killed them on the spot.

One of Catso's titles was "The Mighty Hunter." He was phenominal. He killed birds, mice, rabbits (not "bunnies" -- damnit), squirrels, and rats, which were the one thing he wouldn't deign to eat. Every once in a while, he'd get really introverted. That's when you knew he'd been bested by a racoon.

He performed some fairly amazing feats to apprehend these creatures. Once my sister-in-law rescued a bird from his clutches. No sooner had the dazed bird flown away and alighted in a nearby tree than Catso was up the tree and out on the limb with the bird in his mouth again.

I once found him lounging in the ivy and gave him a good petting, something he never turned down. While he was blissing out, a bird alighted a couple of meters away, and no sooner had I become aware of the fact than Catso was stolling away with the bird in his mouth. The speed with which he went from completely relaxed and oblivious to fully alert and active is something I've never witnessed before or since.

A few of us witnessed one of his hunting adventures that nearly cost him his pride. He was walking along the stockade fence between my grandparents' yard and the neighbor's, when he spied a bird in a bush on the neighbor's side of the fence. After spending a few moments of ritual stalking, in which he adjusted is stance slightly, he lunged headlong into the bush, only to find himself clinging for dear life, spread-eagle, to the swaying bush. The bird, meanwhile, had flown away with time to spare. After a few moments of panic, Catso recovered his wits, hooked a paw over the top of the fence and clambered back onto it. He then jumped down and started cleaning himself as if nothing had never happened.

So here's hoping Catso, "Good-Old Catso," "Catso the Mighty Hunter," "Catso the Dirty Loafer," "Cat," "Cat-oh," "Kittyboy," "Kitty-oh," to mention only a fraction of his titles and epithets, has gone to a heaven that is a spacious yard with penty of critters to hunt.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

My cat is only 2 inches:

[​IMG]