• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do cats go to heaven?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mao is cat. Mao mi is a nickname for cat, like 'kitty'. Mao is a homophone of course for Mao Zedong. At the height of the Cultural Revolution, some people were persecuted for harming cats, as it was supposedly symbolic of opposition to Mao.

There is a famous quote by Deng Xiaoping, "No matter if it is a white cat or a black cat; as long as it can catch mice, it is a good cat," in reference to abandoning ideology when it impeded progress.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Norwegian (I think) proverb:

In the dark, all cats are grey.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
At the height of the Cultural Revolution, some people were persecuted for harming cats, as it was supposedly symbolic of opposition to Mao.
If the Cultural Revolution hadn't been such an incredible, horrific tragedy, and if I did not feel disgust for Mao, I would say that factoid is kind of cool. Apparently in Islamic countries some people feed and protect cats since in the Qu'ran it is said the cat is not to be harmed.
There is a famous quote by Deng Xiaoping, "No matter if it is a white cat or a black cat; as long as it can catch mice, it is a good cat," in reference to abandoning ideology when it impeded progress.
Any chance of a cat-themed pocket square?
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike

"All cats are gray in the dark" is also a proverb in English, and its French version is one in French -- there's even a chapter of The Three Musketeers with that title.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a loser. His mom kicked him out of the house at the age of 47 and he tells her he is going to kidnap the cat, and then does. Maybe he really wanted to be ass-raped in jail?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, in all seriousness it sounds like a pretty sordid story. The cat-ransom threat sounds melodramatic and humorous, but there are clear undercurrents of abuse and manipulation in the story.

LatinStyleLover

Reaction score
Too tired to read the entire thread, so back to the original question. Cats definitely do go to heaven, but their only purpose there is to serve dogs. Dogs definitely go to heaven in glorified form. I have this on good authority from a friend who died and then came back, near death experience, and she says dogs are revered in heaven and cats serve them. That's good enough for me.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover
Too tired to read the entire thread, so back to the original question. Cats definitely do go to heaven, but their only purpose there is to serve dogs. Dogs definitely go to heaven in glorified form. I have this on good authority from a friend who died and then came back, near death experience, and she says dogs are revered in heaven and cats serve them. That's good enough for me.

I dunno about that. Cats are pretty much the animal incarnation of "better to rule in hell than serve in heaven."

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would love to make a cat pocket square, but haven't found a good fabric yet.
Originally Posted by RJman
Apparently in Islamic countries some people feed and protect cats since in the Qu'ran it is said the cat is not to be harmed. Any chance of a cat-themed pocket square?
Not sure how documented this really is. "Muhammed loved cats. The story is told that one day when he was being called to pray he noticed his cat, Muezza, sleeping on the folds of his sleeve. Rather than disturb the sleeping cat, Muhammed cut off the sleeve of his robe. They say that in the place where the prophet (peace be with him) was laid to rest, there is a cat or cats around the area." Muezza is a good name for a cat.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can appreciate that cats are the only animal that chose humans as their cohabitants and not the other way around.
Cats are not really domesticated animal like cow, horse, dog etc.
Cats started to live with humans around the time humans started harvest crops.
Humans were tolerating cats due to the fact that cats killed rodents that were eating stored grain. And cats tolerated humans because larger predators were not venturing close to human settlements thus cats were safer and with more food around humans than in a forest.
Cats are definitely feminine and dogs are definitely masculine which one you prefer tells a lot about you.
smile.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can someone please, please kill that guy? The dude he sprayed with a syringe of his blood had a legitimate right to, and totally wussed out on it. I think maybe death by a bag of angry cats would be appropriate.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike

Hegel used this (with cows, not cats) to describe Shelling's conception of final wisdom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads