• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do any of you use antiperspirant deodorant in addition to another scent/fragrance?

TowleY

Reaction score
I always wear my deodorant reguardless if im wearing cologne also. Deodorant isnt stron enough to overpower cologne smells, and if it can you should look at another cologne. However even the slightest smell of B.O. can turn people away from you.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I switched to deodorant over a-p and sweat a lot less now. As far as scents, I don't notice my deodorant at all after about 5 minutes, and for the most part I keep my arms down anyway so there's very little diffusion.

lynchpatrickj

Reaction score
I use both an anti-perspirant and a deodorant and wear cologne (just in case I don't get to a shower for awhile), and the A-P and D scent doesn't linger more than a few minutes.

hamish5178

Reaction score
I use this unscented antiperspirant/deoderant:
200.jpg
As well as cologne, every day. I don't see why you'd do anything else? Axe, Old Spice, etc disgust me.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Agreed. You wouldn't wear a pink suit, orange tie, blue shoes, and a lime green OCBD... so why would you do it with scents? The only "point" of fragrance should be your cologne. Go unscented with everything else. Mitchum also makes a line of low-cost unscented deodorants and antiperspirants that you can get at most any store. http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...ll&Ntt=mitchum One of the things I hate about standing in an elevator with people is getting all the mixture... the smell of cologne, deodorant, scented shaving cream or facial moisturizer, hand lotion, etc.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
I'm assuming not Axe/Lynx.

I used an Axe deodorant for a while and it was the same as everyone else is saying. The smell is gone quickly and the only scent I ever notice is my cologne.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by peterandlostboys
I used an Axe deodorant for a while and it was the same as everyone else is saying. The smell is gone quickly and the only scent I ever notice is my cologne.
Again, just because you don't notice your deodorant smell doesn't mean it isn't there... your nose just gets used to it as the level of concentration/fragrance is less. Trust me... other people (especially if they have a sensitive nose) can get them both and it's not particularly pleasant. Cut down on the interference... go unscented!
smile.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
One of the things I hate about standing in an elevator with people is getting all the mixture... the smell of cologne, deodorant, scented shaving cream or facial moisturizer, hand lotion, etc.

Ooookkaaayy.....

I agree about Mitchum though. Great stuff.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Ooookkaaayy..... I agree about Mitchum though. Great stuff.
Well, admittedly, I have a REALLY sensitive nose and a lot of it just gives me a headache.

RedLetterDay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
For those of you who wear a scent/fragrance be it an EDT/cologne/EDP etc and who also sweat profusely in hot weather, do you use an antiperspirant deodorant in addition to your usual scent/fragrance and if so, what do you use (for antiperspirant) and does it negatively impact on your scent/fragrance?

I always wear an antiperspirant/deodorant as well as my normal cologne. Cologne definitely isn't a substitute for that in my eyes, I like using both.

Berticus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
I use this unscented antiperspirant/deoderant:

200.jpg

As well as cologne, every day.

I don't see why you'd do anything else? Axe, Old Spice, etc disgust me.

+1

Except I use a block of aluminium potassium sulfate, not an antiperspirant. The way I see it, sweating as a means of thermo regulation.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Again, just because you don't notice your deodorant smell doesn't mean it isn't there... your nose just gets used to it as the level of concentration/fragrance is less. Trust me... other people (especially if they have a sensitive nose) can get them both and it's not particularly pleasant. Cut down on the interference... go unscented!
smile.gif

Or get the matching deodorant to your cologne - which is what I do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads