• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Any of you Guys Use Facial Masks?

Stedye

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity ..Do any of you Gents use a weekly Facial Mask? I use the Aztec Secret/Indian Healing Clay mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar and it does a great job. I just wanted to explore other
options for reducing Pore size and helping to minimize Oily Skin. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In before American Psycho joke.

But srsly, yes. On occasion I do use a facial mask. I have no idea if it's working, or if it's just a placebo effect. But I see a difference. I mostly use the Kiehl's stuff for my entire facial regimen, including mask.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a Task essential white clay mask off Gilt for like $11, but I can't really tell if it's doing anything for me.
confused.gif

Becks23

Reaction score
I use a Baxter Facial Scrub followed by Clay Mask once a week.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ What are some other pore cleansing strips like the Biore ones that are used for the nose? Those irritate my skin and I'd like to try a different one.

Monaco

Reaction score
We used to have a friend that worked at Kiehls and recommended volcano mud mask for reducing oil, my girlfriend would put it on me and it had this extreme stinging feeling. I don't think my face got any less oily but that is just me.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ojfc

Stedye

Reaction score
The Replies were appreciated. I will look into some of the mentioned brands and thanks again all you Sophisticated Gents. Have a Safe and Enjoyable Labor day Weekend.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Ojfc

If a French banker living in NYC says that, I'm afraid to even post this.

Kidding aside, I too have wondered if a mask is worthwhile. I use Kiehl's Ultra stuff for everything except my shaving soap currently. I have pretty decent skin, but I've considered replacing the toner with a mask.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Radagast
I tried using the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask from The Body Shop. Left my skin feeling uncomfortably tight and dry. Have been meaning to try something new.

You must put some moisturizer on your skin after you have it removed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads