• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do any of you feel pressured to have GF?

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I now feel pressured to talk her (on the phone or in person) because I always have to lead the conversation. She usually has nothing to say. I am pretty creative when it comes to carrying a conversation with chicks but sometimes when I am tired or stressed, I cannot talk. And, when I don't have anything to say, she does not have anything to say, which I find it bit backward and feel pressured to be with her. How do you guys deal with this kind of situation?

KhouriC

Reaction score
why should you have to "carry" the conversation? if you and said person get along and enjoy eachother's company conversation should be effortless. even when there is silence there shouldn't be that feeling of awkwardness. a lot can be communicated non-verbally.

sounds like you feel pressured about making the situation into something it may not be.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Have you tried borrowing money from her and running away to Mexico? Otherwise, you know what to do; if you're not comfortable, bolt. Our parents wisely tought us that when it comes to relationships you have to give up at the slighest sign of annoyance.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
Clever. But my GF is real girl.

Just playin man. Anyway, I don't see why you have to force conversation. Sometimes, the best moments in our relationship are when my girlfriend and I can sit with each other peacefully, and not need to talk. I see how that would get old and annoying after a while though. Maybe you should just be straightforward with her and ask why this happens.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I feel no pressure to have a GF. I think might wife agrees with my decision.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I feel no pressure to have a GF. I think might wife agrees with my decision.

No pressure here either, but for different reasons.

I'm sure rach and GoSurface feel the same.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I now feel pressured to talk her (on the phone or in person) because I always have to lead the conversation. She usually has nothing to say. I am pretty creative when it comes to carrying a conversation with chicks but sometimes when I am tired or stressed, I cannot talk. And, when I don't have anything to say, she does not have anything to say, which I find it bit backward and feel pressured to be with her. How do you guys deal with this kind of situation?

When I run out of things to say I stop talking. Generally this is a bad sign if it continues for a few weeks or so.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
No pressure here either, but for different reasons.

I'm sure rach and GoSurface feel the same.

+1... except for those days we're feeling "ranchy" or "completely uninhabited."

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is this the same one for whom we were doing time-breakup calculus?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Don't your clueless gandmothers ask you to find yourself a nice girls?
Yeah, mine still asks me when I'll settle down and give her grandkids. And, she keeps mentioning the grandaughters of her friends/neighbors. "You know Mrs. Schoener's granddaughter Sarah? I think she's about your age. Such a nice girl. I think you'd like her." Of course, my grandma is in denial about lots of things. As my grandpa lost a leg fighting in the Battle of Okinawa, she's also never quite come to terms with why I spend so much time in Japan. I think she's convinced I'm somehow required by the government to go there or something, because there's NO WAY anyone would go there of his own volition.
But, hey, she's almost 90... so I don't argue with her...

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
I dont understand the problem. You have a girlfriend and you dont have to constantly engage in trivial conversation with her in order to keep having sex with her? Sonds perfect. Its like owning a dog but without the deep bite wounds and scratch marks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40