• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do any of these glasses fit me?

atila

Reaction score
None of the pictures posted on the 2nd page work for me, but from the original set of pictures, I liked the #1 and #2 frames the best. From these recent ones, I think they look bad.

You're young and the wayfarer/plastic frame look is better for your general look/style. Those metal frames just make you look like a cheesy dude. I would go with the #2 frames in your original post in the color you posted (not black).

atila

Reaction score
I think all three original pairs look much better than those. I would think you look kinda funny/would silently laugh at you wearing those.

I'm telling you, plastic frames fit you best.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some 'new' Wayfarers, y'know the smaller sized ones. Those would look great.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so... what have we learned here.... stick to smaller frames, square in shape, and brown or black is good, shiny silver is maybe a pass... actually I'd like to see you in some of the old classic ray-ban aviators (square) with the greenish lenses.

check these for ideas, particularly try the grey gradient and green ones for fun ("B" and "E")

Last edited:

southbound35

Reaction score

so... what have we learned here.... stick to smaller frames, square in shape, and brown or black is good, shiny silver is maybe a pass... actually I'd like to see you in some of the old classic ray-ban aviators (square) with the greenish lenses.

check these for ideas, particularly try the grey gradient and green ones for fun ("B" and "E")

I think all of the above is sound advice, although I'd stick with brown over black.

Of the frames I've seen on your face, the third pair in your initial post looked the best; but, as others mentioned, they were slightly too large. I think you've found a shape that works very well for you (the squarish aviator). Now, it's just a matter of finding the exact right pair. I think some of those Master Classer linked would be worth having a look at.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Reaction score
I would say the 3rd pair are the nearest to a good style on you, could be just slightly smaller though : )

Xhale12

Reaction score
Im suprised you guys dont like the newest pair I posted. I thought it was the perfect shape for my face. Oh well, I will keep looking. I already have the new ray bans wayfarers, and I am keeping them. I also wanted a pair in an aviator style, hence the reason why I bought the recent pair I posted. I will bring those back and keep looking. I like these....

http://www.mauijim.com/guardrails-4711.html

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, you really can't decide for yourself can you? Tired of seeing this thread bumped.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score

I agree with this. I kind of want to see what a lighter tint (purplish or green) looks like. The darker lenses blend too well with your face. I'd try something that compliments your features by standing out.

I also think these could be awesome on you. I like the storm frame in a green or violet color. http://www.oliverpeoples.com/sheldrake.html

If you want to save some money, warby parker has a frame in a similar style that might work (though I usually find their fit to be kind of weird) http://www.warbyparker.com/mens-sunglasses-jasper-marine-slate

Last edited:

Xhale12

Reaction score
Im just going with the wayfares. Which pair fits me best here?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics