• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DKNY Suit Made In The USA

Jaxson612

Reaction score
I've been looking for a winter weight flannel suit, 2 button, in a very dark solid charcoal, no more than eight hundred dollars. I can across a DKNY wool/ cashmere blend, that seems decent. My question is: I was under the impression that DKNY suits were made in Canada ( and I'm aware not particularly well respected here). This particular suit was made in USA- the only label in the pocket is the "Union Made" label. Anyone familiar with the made in America suits? Any better than the Canadian ones? Any alternate suggestions?
Thanks!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The DKNY suit license was owned by HMX (USA) but is now owned by Peerless (Canada). I have not compared the two and neither is a great suit but sight unseen I'd definitely choose an HMX model.

Jaxson612

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas where to find 2 button, solid dark charcoal winter flannel? The Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald is close, but I would really prefer no stripes!

innova

Reaction score
Not that it helps, but I just came from Off 5th in Northern Va, and they had the Burberry Dark Charcoal Flannel orig $1200.00 marked down to $420.00. 2 Button, double vented, double pleated pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads