• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Djarum Blacks/Cloves

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
While a cigarette thread already exists, this was a little more specific.
I like to smoke these either a)while drinking
b)in place of caffeine or
c) in times when I really need to unwind and relax. Probably one cigarette a day, less when I'm around the SO.
Just curious what people think of cloves: good/bad/horrible.
Also, people I know are split on: you're a hardass, those are crazy-ass cigs, or: you big *****, smoke real cigarettes.
Thoughts?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When I'm in the mood for cloves (rarely) I smoke Sampoerna Extras

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These are popular with goths.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I smoke them and I cut mystelf and I post pictures of it on myspace.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Life was so painful, I grew it out so I couldn't see anymore. I still post pictures on myspace. I cannot see the pictures. Life is painful.

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Horrible. I don't buzz off of them, and they taste like crap. I couldn't smoke my Djarum Black to the butt (or anywhere close to it, for that matter), and I ALWAYS smoke to the butt of my cigarettes.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I smoke them and I cut mystelf and I post pictures of it on myspace.
LOL... Yeah, I know of their popularity with that demographic, which is why I'm often loathe to be seen smoking them. I suppose I should stop giving a damn. I don't really fit the image, though. Oh, and Arethusa...nice selfportrait:
375px-Boys.gif

operationexpat

Reaction score
I don't smoke often--once a week or less--but when I do, it's Djarum Blacks. They don't sell them in China, but I tutor a guy who lives here who is the sole distributor of Djarums in Malaysia, among other things. Sure beats having friends send them out from the states
tounge.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You folks should really give the Sampoerna's a try one of these days. I like them better than the Djarum's. And if there is ONE THING on this board that I can honestly say that I am an expert on... its smoking.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I smoked the black ones when I was into goth. I still think they smell good, secondhand. But cloves burn the hell out of your throat. BTW, store them in the freezer for longer life (longer life of the cigarette in storage, not longer life of your dirty lunged ass).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads