1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Django Unchained

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Hannerhan, May 7, 2012.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i wish i could say that, but i did not love, death proof. it was ok, but no love.

2. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I forgot about that. It did kind of suck, although there were a couple of really great scenes.

3. in stitches

yeah, those few scenes kept from being a total suck-fest. it kicked up enough that i could say i liked the movie. but that is about it.

4. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Let's be honest; the only good scene in Death Proof is the lapdance.

Shoutout to Vanessa Ferlito.

5. in stitches

i must have watched the car crash with all the girls like 10 times. and the final scene as well.

:hide: i have a thing for violence in movies.

6. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Calvin Candie, Master of Candie Land.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tarantino making a flamboyant southern dandy was quite a treat. I grew up in the south and the higher class southern accents are pretty rare. I've listened to older recordings of my grandmother from the 70's and she had one. Candie's swank with that accent was special. I don't think his higher class southern accent was perfect, but with the camp of the movie, it worked for me.

Evil characters who are charming are always fun, but I've never seen it done this well.

The costumes were great, all burgundy and gold. With the candlelight, his hair and skin even looked gold. His "big house" fit the character perfectly with it's over the top decadence. I've read that the blood on his hand was real. He hurt himself when he slammed his hand down on the table and just went with it. I read that before seeing the movie, so seeing him smear his blood on Broomhilda was genuinely shocking.

Really, the most enjoyable performance I've seen in years.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Wow! If that's true that's quite amazing.

8. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

And also kind of disgusting/probably an OSHA violation.

9. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

That part probably was not real blood.