1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

DIY Attache Case Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NORE, Feb 2, 2011.

1. NORE

NORE Senior member

Took your advice and decided to go with a natural colored thread this time (artificial sinew) which was much thinner than the dark colored thread I used last time. This bag is for my dad: Next to mine: [​IMG] No flash: [​IMG] Flash: [​IMG] Closed: [​IMG] In front of mine: [​IMG] With flash: [​IMG] Back: [​IMG] Pen/PDA holder inside: [​IMG] [​IMG] 2-ply handle (mine is 3-ply): [​IMG] Same lock as mine: [​IMG] Preview of a bag I'm making for mom: [​IMG] Lining material: [​IMG] More: [​IMG]

2. landshark

landshark Senior member

I remember your last thread, and this is a step in the right direction. You still have a ways to go, but you are talented and this bag looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed lining of your mothers bag. That will be a nice touch that you can start adding. My main criticism would be that at the moment, the bag is very plain on the outside. I know that can be explained because you are an amateur, but I would like to see attempt at more outside detail. I feel like it would distract from the stitching which is good, but still needs some improvement. My favorite part would be the shape of the handle. It's a nice signature touch. Overall, I am very impressed with your work!

3. NORE

NORE Senior member

Which bag is the criticism toward? Dad's or mom's? If dad's then that's the way he likes it. If mom's then it still has a ways to go. Like I haven't added the straps which will be connected to the nickel D-rings I have. Also, there will be a zipper on the top and the lining will house many pockets with one zippered.

Thanks!

4. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

awesome stuff. i'd love to have the time to devote myself to learning how to do this.

5. NORE

NORE Senior member

awesome stuff. i'd love to have the time to devote myself to learning how to do this.

you can do it! it only took me a couple of hours and I'm a novice.

6. L*factor

L*factor Member

Incredible job! I once looked into trying to re-create the RL Cooper bag, but couldn't find any hardware that matched up. Where did you get the hardware?

7. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

Incredible! They both look great, and I'm particularly a big fan of your the one you made for your Dad.

8. NORE

NORE Senior member

Incredible job! I once looked into trying to re-create the RL Cooper bag, but couldn't find any hardware that matched up. Where did you get the hardware?

Here, thanks!

Incredible! They both look great, and I'm particularly a big fan of your the one you made for your Dad.

Thanks!

9. poissa

poissa Senior member

These kick arse. Your labor of love is showing.

10. NORE

NORE Senior member

Thanks, man.

11. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

NORE > Glaser [​IMG] Imagine if you could get some leather from the Ilcea tannery. Museum calf! [​IMG]

12. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

^^^ Nicely done re: sig.

13. landshark

landshark Senior member

I was directing it towards the dad's bag. I think the bag could use some straps, buckles, pockets, etc. to take the attention away from the stitching.

14. NORE

NORE Senior member

Dad's bag is done and delivered. Mom's is the tricky one since it's my first time, she's an expert tailor and I have to get this right.

15. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

16. NORE

NORE Senior member

17. wiimii

wiimii Well-Known Member

18. NORE

NORE Senior member

Thanks. Today I cut and sewed the straps for mom's bag. Next I need to do the lining and it's done!

19. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Bloody fucking brilliant. Can't wait to see how your work on these evolve.

20. KevM

KevM Active Member

Very nice. I want!![​IMG]

Where did you get the leather?