• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Divorcees/Lawyers -- At-Fault Divorce?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
Just curious - do you recommend pre-nups for us common folk?

Of course. I also recommend you drive drunk and rack up so much debt you have to declare bankruptcy, because I can help you with those things too.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
a friend's wife just threw him out and is claiming her new bf is a house guest. he is living in a basement apartment
These things make no sense to me. How does someone throw you out of YOUR house?

Benzito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
These things make no sense to me. How does someone throw you out of YOUR house?

Easy - claim there is domestic violence or that there is too much stress and tension in the house and it's affecting little Johnny. In a lot of cases, of course, the guy getting "thrown out" may already have a person to shack up with as well and leaves willingly.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Of course. I also recommend you drive drunk and rack up so much debt you have to declare bankruptcy, because I can help you with those things too.

Well, from a "it helps my job" standpoint your answer makes sense. I think he was asking about from a "common sense" standpoint. I was actually kind of curious for an answer, too. Regardless of any benefit you and/or your brethren may see in writing up a pre-nup for the lay person, does someone with an average salary/lifestyle in an average city still stand to benefit from a prenup?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Yeah. I think the hubby is catching the short end of the stick here. And the OP "” despite his undying love and all that "” is starting to come off as sort of a db.

Honestly... why? Neither of us are interested in anything of his. That wasn't the point.

And I feel bad for him at times, too. And then I can see her feeling bad for him at times, and think of all the hair I've lost the past two months, and the years I sat twiddling my thumbs because I didn't want to hurt anyone, including him, and... no, I can't feel too bad.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manny Calavera
Honestly... why? Neither of us are interested in anything of his. That wasn't the point.

And I feel bad for him at times, too. And then I can see her feeling bad for him at times, and think of all the hair I've lost the past two months, and the years I sat twiddling my thumbs because I didn't want to hurt anyone, including him, and... no, I can't feel too bad.

I really enjoyed the story about your friend's mom. How is she doing?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manny Calavera

So then tell your new-gf / his-ex-wife-to-be to quit quibbling over his **** and just sign the paper and get on with it? Because it sounds like she wants to take him to the cleaners and get her 50%, even though her being an artist means probably <10% of their income was actually hers. It makes you sound like a douche.

Also, your justifying all this by talking about how long you waited makes you sound like a douche [and a girl], too.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP is a ******* tool.

bro there is plenty of fish in the sea, why choose to **** up this dude's marriage ya ******* asshat.

way to go.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
a friend's wife just threw him out and is claiming her new bf is a house guest. he is living in a basement apartment

thats fucked up.

buddy should go back there and put the "houseguest" in a full body cast.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
OP is a ******* tool.

bro there is plenty of fish in the sea, why choose to **** up this dude's marriage ya ******* asshat.

way to go.

+1,I don't buy this I was afraid to be rejected crap. There must be more to the story that we are not being told of, that or both the man and the woman are messed up in the head. Woman-because she married someone knowing she wasn't going to be happy,man-because he waited and messed around with a married woman.

rexthedestroyer

Reaction score
I don't see this relationship going very far between the OP and his girl. Either she will get tired of him, or he will realize that she wasn't all that he thought she was when they are actually in a relationship.

What I don't understand is while legally, she might be entitled to a portion of her ex hubands earnings; morally, how can someone go that route, when they are the instigator of the seperation.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rexthedestroyer

What I don't understand is while legally, she might be entitled to a portion of her ex hubands earnings; morally, how can someone go that route, when they are the instigator of the seperation.

HA!

I laugh at your morals. There are none in America.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads