1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Distressing shoes/boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Sevcom, May 20, 2005.

1. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

i think polished shoes and dark jeans look just fine...

2. jeansandtshirt

jeansandtshirt Senior member

I realize that Dr. Marten's are a crime, but these boots look fabulous (IMO) and I get plenty of compliments when I wear them w/ jeans.

Not to hijack, but why would you say that?

If you want to distress shoes/boots, just ride a motorcycle a few thousand miles. The wind/dirt blast and controls of the bike will give you a nice patina in no time.

3. vvoc

vvoc Senior member

good tips...but i cant travel to guatemala or find a motorcycle anytime soon lol...anything a bit more "at home" possible? thanks!

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have looked into distressing shoes in the past and I feel the best thing to do is to just wear them and not pay any attention to them and get natural wear. Sure it is going to take time, but a truely authentic pair of shoes looks as good as a truely authentic pair of jeans. I reccomend putting taps on the heels and the toes to preserve the soles as long as possible and applying mink oil to them to water proof the sole, especially if they are leather. Just leave the uppers alone and walk away. Over the next few years you will look down and be amazed.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I have looked into distressing shoes in the past and I feel the best thing to do is to just wear them and not pay any attention to them and get natural wear. Sure it is going to take time, but a truely authentic pair of shoes looks as good as a truely authentic pair of jeans. I reccomend putting taps on the heels and the toes to preserve the soles as long as possible and applying mink oil to them to water proof the sole, especially if they are leather. Just leave the uppers alone and walk away. Over the next few years you will look down and be amazed.

The problem with that is that you have to wear the same shoes many times, if not every day. For some of us, that would be a foolish decision on an economic basis.