Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Distasteful Gym Wear you've seen?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Soph

Soph Senior member

Some funny stuff I've seen lately.
    Definitly not Bespoke.

2. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I wear ratty old t-shirts, shorts, sneakers, most days. However, I too have seen some weird stuff. Yesterday some dude wore little more than shorts that looked like a jockstrap with a back panel, a midriff bearing sleeveless t-shirt, a full covering of copious body hair, and flip-flops. Oh, and the mid-riff bared was so far from a six-pack as to indicate temperance.

3. alexpham

alexpham Well-Known Member

A 60 year old man at my local gym likes to wear extremely tight spandex shorts. Only problem is, he has certainly been....well endowed and unfortunately, that is in plain sight for all to see. I guess I would do the same if I was also "gifted". [​IMG]

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I wear a&f sweats and cut off fraternity shirts. Havent particularly seen anything odd

5. NewYorkBuck

NewYorkBuck Senior member

Any type of clothing that would make you look twice at an attractive woman should never be worn by a man. Think tight tank tops and spandex.

6. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I noticed a guy at my gym a couple weeks back wearing short-shorts and a Hedonism t-shirt. He also had a very 70's looking beard. Very creepy. If he had a different shirt on he would've just looked like a guy at the gym.

bob

7. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I haven't seen anything really bad lately although I did see a guy get kicked out of the weight room for wearing flip-flops the other day. He was starting to do a bench press and the attendant walked over, made him put the bar up and told him he couldn't lift in flip-flops.

As for me, I just took advantage of the deal at Champs Sporting Goods and bought 5 sleeveless t-shirts for $20. They're pretty cheap and I doubt they'll last more than 6-9 months, but it's too damn hot now to wear anything except sleeveless shirts while working out.

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

There's this one creepy guy that wears short-shorts and... a MID-CUT FISHNET TOP. Like its fishnet, and ends just below his chest, so his abs are exposed. and its FISHNET.

Also saw a girl on the treadmill wearing a DOWN VEST. Yes, those puffy down vests.

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

She mayve had an exceptionally large set

10. royal618

royal618 Senior member

There's this one creepy guy that wears short-shorts and... a MID-CUT FISHNET TOP. Like its fishnet, and ends just below his chest, so his abs are exposed. and its FISHNET.
    That's a bit FAME or Welcome Back Kotter....

11. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Marines' PTs are truly offensive. Painted-on Ts and short shorts that are almost as tight. Male camel toe abounds. When they're around I can oftentimes not handle the hundreds of them that are in the gym at any one time.

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Marines' PTs are truly offensive. Painted-on Ts and short shorts that are almost as tight. Male camel toe abounds. When they're around I can oftentimes not handle the hundreds of them that are in the gym at any one time.
    It seems that the standard military issue are very short shorts? There must be a whole regressive reverse psychology YMCA thing going on.

13. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I usually go with a v-neck undershirt and my old PE shorts from high school that say "BOBCATS" on the back. I'm not exceptionally worried about my appearance when walking on the trail near my house. I guess technically that's not a gym, but that's my workout.

14. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

It seems that the standard military issue are very short shorts? There must be a whole regressive reverse psychology YMCA thing going on.
    Just the Marines. Your metaphor extends nicely to ship life, where one is unlikely to emerge from the cloistered life for weeks at a time.

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Heh, I bet they'd have a few things to say about you Army guys, too.