• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dispointed news from Viberg boots, MTO have been stopped.

limeng

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I just heard from Viberg, they are no longer accepting MTO from telephone and online, there is a guy named Morgan answered my call and he is not even polite, anyways, he said they stopped MTO because they want to focus on Viberg.com but they still accpeting MTO in store, well, it does not make sense to me at all, I understand if a person never have a pair of Viberg boots, it maybe a problem when he makes MTO, if you know Viberg very well and does not live in BC, you probably won't take a trip to BC just to visit store and get your MTO done. It's very dispointed to see they took away MTO options and more dispointed part is their customer service's attitude. If you know Viberg boots very well, would you like to ask them to bring back to MTO through telephone and online?

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I just heard from Viberg, they are no longer accepting MTO from telephone and online, there is a guy named Morgan answered my call and he is not even polite, anyways, he said they stopped MTO because they want to focus on Viberg.com but they still accpeting MTO in store, well, it does not make sense to me at all, I understand if a person never have a pair of Viberg boots, it maybe a problem when he makes MTO, if you know Viberg very well and does not live in BC, you probably won't take a trip to BC just to visit store and get your MTO done. It's very dispointed to see they took away MTO options and more dispointed part is their customer service's attitude. If you know Viberg boots very well, would you like to ask them to bring back to MTO through telephone and online?
Viberg is just doesn't have the infrastructure to do MTO. Some companies (like Trickers) have special production channels that make it efficient.

However, Styleforum is doing our StyleforumMarket MTO program, in which all member can have a voice in determining the makeups. We have made 4 different models so far, and I will start with a 3rd set of makes, probably a derby and a Service boot, shortly.

limeng

Reaction score
That's good to know, is there a thread to go to participate?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good to know, is there a thread to go to participate?
Every couple of months, I suggest makeups for users. Users then discuss changes, options, and ultimately, vote on which of the proposed makeups I should put up for preorders. This is typically a 2 week discussion period. I put forward the most popular 2-3 makeups, with the most popular modifications, and put them up for preorder at www.styleforummarket.com. The preorder period is typically 3 weeks. If, at the end of the 3 weeks, there are enough orders to move forward, we send our order into Viberg. If there are makeups which have not made up the minimum of 4 orders, we refund the buyers. We do not do overruns, and only order what has been preodered by our customers. Prices are in line with Viberg retail, but with free shipping within the USA, and a flat rate shipping outside of the USA.

I will start the next round of discussions soon, probably next week. Feel free to propose makeups in the Viberg thread, to rally your fellow members. When the actual discussion starts, I will start a new thread.

Please be aware that Shell Cordovan is no longer a wholesale option, and will only be sold through Viberg.com

Cheers,

Fok.

billymax

Reaction score
I know that was very disappointing. I've had 7 pairs of Vibergs MTO and called to get something new a few weeks ago. Morgan has always been very professional, helpful and responsive. I like working with him, but I do miss the MTO option. I haven't found much on the website that I like in my size. I've been waiting for a few collaborations, Inventory, Bureau Belfast, Superdenim, but haven't seen anything for SS 14.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know that was very disappointing.   I've had 7 pairs of Vibergs MTO and called to get something new a few weeks ago.   Morgan has always been very professional, helpful and responsive.   I like working with him, but I do miss the MTO option.   I haven't found much on the website that I like in my size.   I've been waiting for a few collaborations, Inventory, Bureau Belfast, Superdenim, but haven't seen anything for SS 14.  

If you get enough people behind a Styleforum mto, we can get it done. Right now, we have a brown cxl Derby and a smoke grey reverse kudu service boot up for preorders.

limeng

Reaction score

If you get enough people behind a Styleforum mto, we can get it done. Right now, we have a brown cxl Derby and a smoke grey reverse kudu service boot up for preorders.

I have a style in my mind, please check if we can put up for next round voting,

- Style: Oxford
- Last: 2030
- Leather: MOCHA CHROMEXCEL
- Thread Colour: MOCHA
- Eyelets: Gunmetal Eyelets
- Toe Cap: None
- Sole: Dainite sole and Natural Midsole
- Edge Trim: Brown
- Toe Box: Unstructured

this is a Day-to-Day shoes, it will look great either on jeans or pants. Please let me know what do you think.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are cordovan options available? I missed the boat on the #8 service boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads