1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dismal sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seok, Jun 5, 2005.

1. seok

seok Senior Member

==edit: meant to post this on the weston sale thread...moderators, feel free to delete and move==

- tiny store, so they only allow a handful of people to be in store at any time.

as of 11am:
    - all men's shoes were $295, including loafers, lace-ups, and boots.

- all women's shoes were $99.

- ties were $40. mediocre quality.

- belts were $130.

- men's selection of shoes was actually good, though the selection of loafers were concentrated on burgundy calf, navy suede, and red leather. no black or brown leather loafers. plenty of lace-ups in cap-toes and brogues. lace-up boots also in good selection.

==
    i've been too spoiled by previous sales and couldn't justify spending $295 on Westons when i've acquired Grenson Masterpieces at $120 and below.

2. redtree00

redtree00 Senior Member

Seok when did you go ? I was looking for you.

Belts and Ties ? They must have brought them out later, there was nothing but shoes when I left at 10:15.

3. jcusey

jcusey Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Considering that the retail price on Weston shoes in most cases is now over $600, $295 sounds like a very good price. I don't think it's reasonable to expect to find regularly a decent selection of top-quality shoes selling for $120.

4. redtree00

redtree00 Senior Member

I rarely find anything in my size that is heavily discounted.
    Thankfully Ron Rider is always able to help with reasonable priced quality shoes.

I smuggled the shoes into the house, now how do I convince my wife that blue suede shoes are "not new honey, I have had them for ages" ?
    Going to have to hide them until fathers day and say they were a gift.

5. seok

seok Senior Member

redtree, we must've overlapped. by the time i went into the physical store it was approximately 10.20am.

6. cloud9eleet

cloud9eleet Senior Member

So where were the ties/belts/etc?

7. seok

seok Senior Member

ties were in two cardboard boxes. belts were in a larger cardboard box. they were all stationed around the cashier. i did have to ask a salesperson to locate them...