• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Disgusted by Nordstrom Rack and Saks Off 5th

totally epic

Reaction score
I can't stand to look through the clusterfuck that is Nordstrom Rack.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was done with Nordstrom a long time ago. It isn't much better than the rack.

converge

Reaction score
The Nordstrom rack in King of Prussia, PA is pure garbage.

Casey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
nothing is wrong with nordstrom rack, you just got to sift through the stuff and you will eventually find some gems hidden somewhere at a great price.

You're right. Sometimes, I can get really lucky and find something in between all the other junk. At one point, I remember 7FAM jeans could be found for only $40, and that was the only time they were ever worth the price. I've gotten over them since, though.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I was thinking today I could make a killing just on this forum selling ironic T-shirts, like ones with an A/X logo with "f***kin' jaegerbombs over here, cheif" A&F with "lets play some halo bro!", and "You're going to regret buying that *ed hardy design* t-shirt, D-bag."

izlat

Reaction score
Never been to Nordstrom rack or outlet but NM Last Call in Orlando was ridiculous. Maybe one Etro shirt was OK, and price was nothing to sneeze at. There were nice women's shoes, I think... not that you folks would care much
smile.gif

sbbbjm

Reaction score
yeah nordstrom has totally gone downhill - they used to be a nice mix of simple understated pieces ala barney's coop style, with a mix of all the douchebaggy True Religion, RR, and Affliction tshirts that sell like hotcakes - but its just a lot of the latter. yeah, its a bunch of worthless tacky embroidery right now

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
^lucky. I got a pair of scotch and soda shorts there today at a steep discount. I was looking for a pair of shorts that were actually fitted, and was pretty happy with them. I had to pass up the tables full of R&R and Ed Hardy stuff to get to anything worthwhile.

esspee1200

Reaction score
nordstrom rack has some nice stuff. the shoes are meh. but some of the pants and button ups can be good finds if you like to dig.

avalemik

Reaction score
nordstroms rack isnt bad, i got a pair of versace jeans marked from 260 to 50 dollars
o yea but off 5th is terrible, i went there because i heard there was a extra 50 percent off sale
i went to the one in orange it was like a 30 min drive, and it was absolutely terrible

mtmindc

Reaction score
I've always had great luck with shoes at Nordstrom Rack. In LA and DC, a consistently good selection of Allen-Edmonds and To Boot New York is available. It's also not uncommon to come across a pair of Brunomagli or Canali shoes. I wear a size 12 though, so your experience may be different closer to the apex of the bell curve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads