• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
All I remember were starter jackets, cross colors, cavaricci which i had, hilfiger with the dope crest logo, chaps the low budget polo line, nautica windbreakers, timberlands and cargos. I think the timberland store at south coast was my favorite with all the rocks n ****.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
High school was pretty strictly demarcated by hobby & music-based subcultures, you had your skateboarders, ravers, metalheads, hockey players, etc...

As a skater myself, the style of time was always chinos, slightly baggy jeans or cords, a skate brand sweater or hoodie, a ski/snowboard coat in winter, or sailing one in spring/autumn. Helly Hansen being very popular, as an independent thinker I had a Henri Lloyd one.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My school had a uniform, so I don't associate any brands or styles with school. Just scratchy grey poly-wool trousers and school ties... out of school I generally wore Quicksilver and suchlike; I looked like a surfer but I never surfed.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
The graduating class was pretty big. The high school had something like 1250 people. It was also, at the time, a very good high school, with the majority of students moving into colleges, many of them elite, and we even couunted among our alumni a rather dubious distinction at the time. The engineer of the big ass cannon that Saddam Hussein alleged planned to use on Israel one of our graduates. He was alleged killed on his yacht by the Mossad.

It was not very diverse though, unless you count Italians and Portugese as POC, in which case, we were very diverse. There was literally one hispanic girl in our class. There were two, but one, who I hung out with in freshman and sophomore year, died in a car crash the year after. Still think of her sometime. The other, who was a bit of a class clown, had the last name "Gonzalez", and since we had essentially zero exposure to Hispanic people, her nickname was "Speedy".
Mediterranean people are, from a genetic point of view, as ******* non-white anyone. Start seeing things from who could **** who from village x and you'll stat using your math skills to draw waves not clear borders (gene clusters are the thing).. I have no idea why I insisted om that but here you go. I feel nearer to an algerian than a scandinavian...

Todd Shelton

Reaction score
Andy Dunn didn't mention much about leaving Bonobos in that farewell letter. It was all about leaving Walmart. Knowing that Walmart discussed selling Bonobos at one point this year, I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's a part of buying it back.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, at the same time, a lot of times founders sign agreements to stay on for a certain amount of time after a buyout to ease the transition. Could be he's reached the end of that period and now he's cashing out and retiring happily (or moving on to the next venture).

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads