• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Our newsletter unsubscribe rate is around 0.1% so every time we send an email, 99.9% of the recipient do not unsubscribe. Now for reading them, it’s another story. Open rate % is in the mid to high teens so 8/10 recipients do not open the emails. Yet they do not unsubscribe, even though it’s easier than ever before (one tap on iPhone mail for example).
Is it because you're actually not insane and don't sent a ton of them? There is stuff I cannot unsuscribe from (for professional reasons) but the assholes running it are like the fastest guns in the west, so ******* annoying.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it because you're actually not insane and don't sent a ton of them? There is stuff I cannot unsuscribe from (for professional reasons) but the assholes running it are like the fastest guns in the west, so ******* annoying.
While I’d love to think that our emails are great & just at the right frequency, and that’s the reason why the unsubscribe rate is low, a look at industry benchmarks tells us that it’s simply normal. Strangely enough, we’re all inundated with mass emails but we very very rarely unsubscribe - I’m not sure why

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I’d love to think that our emails are great & just at the right frequency, and that’s the reason why the unsubscribe rate is low, a look at industry benchmarks tells us that it’s simply normal. Strangely enough, we’re all inundated with mass emails but we very very rarely unsubscribe - I’m not sure why
The frequency of NMWA emails seems just about right. Usually interesting reads and I’m not inundated by them.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BOF and mckinsey have a 2020 fashion forecast out.

Nothing mind blowing really, but some good analysis of the temperature of things. BOF podcast covers it fairly well but skips over some of the numbers but you can get the general idea of it there a bit quicker.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there someone who, in 2019, is not attempting to block all ads and even stopping going to websites which autoplay videos? Hell I'm using a youtube clone app on my phone to remove ads and be able to close my screen and still listen to vids. And who the **** reads those chain emails before unsubscribing? I understand companies are gathering data on consumers (building profiles etc) but it's not like many people WANT to be reached afterwards...

I unfortunately read football content on the Daily Mail, and the autoplay videos at 100 decibels screaming out of my phone are making it so I am about to avoid going to the site altogether. My own fault for reading the DM but seriously they could feed me a lot of advertising without reaching this breaking point.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You do a great job. You emails have relevant content, and I click through out of actual interest rather than a fat finger oops. I am sure it is tempting to pummel people with email but just stick with what you are doing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
autoplay ads are the worst

i've got shops that would send me emails twice a ******* day, some that send them every damn day and some that never send them

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I unfortunately read football content on the Daily Mail, and the autoplay videos at 100 decibels screaming out of my phone are making it so I am about to avoid going to the site altogether. My own fault for reading the DM but seriously they could feed me a lot of advertising without reaching this breaking point.
Dailymail was really on point for the recent attacks; they had an article about the guy using a tusk and another one about a convicted murderer intervening to save people. Site is annoying though, you just want footie results or you enjoy their coverage?

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to discuss, but I'm going to NYC tues-thursday, and want to make sure i hit up all the shops. So far these are the shops i can think of.

-Self Edge
-Nepenthes
-Odin
-180 the Store
-CHCM
-Blue In Green
-Swords Smith
-NMWA
-Barneys

am i missing anything that would be in this similiar aesthetic ivy/japanese workwear, etc? also like NMWA brands...

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd add totokaelo in soho. It's half a block away from drake's on Crosby. Also dsm and forty five ten on the top floor of Hudson yards if you have extra time.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd add totokaelo in soho. It's half a block away from drake's on Crosby. Also dsm and forty five ten on the top floor of Hudson yards if you have extra time.

thanks, is swords+smith the only store in brooklyn? are there any cool second hand stores or nah?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, is swords+smith the only store in brooklyn? are there any cool second hand stores or nah?

Front General Store in Dumbo. It's the best vintage store in NYC hands down for workwear from around the world.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Front General Store in Dumbo. It's the best vintage store in NYC hands down for workwear from around the world.
Hit Freeman's Sporting Goods on Rvington. A couple of blocks away on Prince you could hit Quality Mending Co for more vintage workwear. 50 feet around the corner is Unis for understated contemporary clothing and a selection of common projects. get back on prince and a 100 feet down the street is for more vintage/consignment finds at INA Men's.

Hit Alex Mill on Greene Street (upgraded J. Crew)
RRL on West Broadway
180 - 180 Duane for a treasure trove of Japanese Brands - They are the PR Rep for Orslow, Visvim, Chimala, Still by Hand, Engineered Garments, etc and have a store carrying these brands

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics