• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's appropriate to say this here but I do feel that Kanye's Christianity and previous religiosity predisposed him to this type of thing, even if it's obviously been exacerbated by myriad of other poor choices he's made.

I keep remembering "Jesus Walks" and various other modern spiritual things he was saying. This weird guilt combined with the idea of the ever present devil trying to bring him down, and this ever present conspiracy.

"Guns sex lies video tape, but if I talk about God my record won't get played, huh?"

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The saddest part is that so many people love and follow him, that he's become the biggest, most successful mainstreamer of antisemitism in America in a very long time. Look at the Kyrie debacle and all the apologists for both. Guys are throwing rocks at Jewish schools and slamming kosher restaurants windows in NYC these days.

He is - as batshit crazy as it sounds - effective at mainstreaming hate against Jews right now. Just like DJT was effective at mainstreaming hatred towards Mexicans/immigrants and then towards Asians during Covid.

So... things could be even worse for Balenciaga right now ! they could still be associated to Mr I-Like-Hitler

Couldn't agree more. He's literally the most toxic person in the United States right now, and that's really saying something. It's a hotly contested title.

I got a lot of pushback for saying this a few months back. Not sure there's anyone left to advocate for him these days. And even if someone does, he's almost guaranteed to say even crazier s*** tomorrow.

I do feel for his kids though.They might be rich, but they'll have to carry the shame of being this clown's child for the rest of their lives. If I was Kim Kardashian, I'd be suing for full custody right now. I wouldn't trust that moron to take care of a gerbil.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys are throwing rocks at Jewish schools and slamming kosher restaurants windows in NYC these days.

Hyperbole a bit? It happened, yes. let's not act as it it is a daily occurrence.

Yes....I live in NYC(Brooklyn, NY).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyperbole a bit? It happened, yes. let's not act as it it is a daily occurrence.

Yes....I live in NYC(Brooklyn, NY).
You’re calling hyperbole stating a fact about things that actually happened, repeatedly too? 🤔

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"These days"? "Repeatedly"?

Ok!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You’re calling hyperbole stating a fact about things that actually happened, repeatedly too? 🤔

"These days"? "Repeatedly"?

Ok!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and yes. Now we have to deal with deniers on top of the acts? Wtf man? Do your research before you post mitigating/denying quips. It’s NOT a good look, I can tell you that. Highest levels of antisemitic attacks in decades in NYC. Just facts. These two examples I cited happened in my neighborhood and repeatedly. Multiple times for the Jewish schools and at least two kosher establishments (one on the anniversary of kristallnacht for good measure)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not denying and decry attacks on anyone/any group! Always have. Always will.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes and yes. Now we have to deal with deniers on top of the acts? Wtf man? Do your research before you post mitigating/denying quips. It’s NOT a good look, I can tell you that. Highest levels of antisemitic attacks in decades in NYC. Just facts. These two examples I cited happened in my neighborhood and repeatedly. Multiple times for the Jewish schools and at least two kosher establishments (one on the anniversary of kristallnacht for good measure)

+1000. @gdl203 is absolutely correct.

And the only thing more horrifying than Kanye's behavior is the throngs of online imbeciles who think he's right. Who think he's an innocent victim. Who think he's a real Christian because he made an album with the word "Jesus" on it. Or try to equate the holocaust with Israel & Palestine. Or deny it outright. Or just enjoy that he's attacking people they don't like.

Kanye is (was?) one of the wealthiest and most influential men on Earth. That's a fact. No matter what he says, there's going to be a sizable population of people who stick with him. And when he starts directing such a huge amount of hate and prejudice against one group, you're damn right that it's dangerous. All he needs is a handful of simps to act on his words.

I can only hope that this is the beginning of the end of this platform. When you're even too f----ing crazy for Alex Jones.. where do you go? But I'm not that optimistic, as our media does love to give neverending attention to sociopathic wealthy narcissists. We're lucky that Vladimir Putin doesn't have a twitter account and a Youtube channel.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And the only thing more horrifying than Kanye's behavior is the throngs of online imbeciles who think he's right. Who think he's an innocent victim. Who think he's a real Christian because he made an album with the word "Jesus" on it. Or try to equate the holocaust with Israel & Palestine. Or deny it outright. Or just enjoy that he's attacking people they don't like.

Just for the record, none of that ^ applies to me.

Also, I never mentioned Kanye during this discussion.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just for the record, none of that ^ applies to me.

Also, I never mentioned Kanye during this discussion.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that you were one of that crowd. I'm just affirming why the mainstreaming of Kayne's anti-semitism is dangerous, and really any amount of targeted attacks should be very concerning.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that you were one of that crowd. I'm just affirming why the mainstreaming of Kayne's anti-semitism is dangerous, and really any amount of targeted attacks should be very concerning.

No problemo!

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. He's literally the most toxic person in the United States right now, and that's really saying something. It's a hotly contested title.

I got a lot of pushback for saying this a few months back. Not sure there's anyone left to advocate for him these days. And even if someone does, he's almost guaranteed to say even crazier s*** tomorrow.

I do feel for his kids though.They might be rich, but they'll have to carry the shame of being this clown's child for the rest of their lives. If I was Kim Kardashian, I'd be suing for full custody right now. I wouldn't trust that moron to take care of a gerbil.
JOINT CUSTODY .........................plus 200k a month in CHILD SUPPORT...............DAMN

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
JOINT CUSTODY .........................plus 200k a month in CHILD SUPPORT...............DAMN

Can’t believe that clown has any custody whatsoever. Imagine when he rolls up to get the kids in his Infowars Ghostface Squid Game outfit.

The good news is that you can hear his galoshes squeaking from 100 feet away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads