• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'm trying to get context on Borremans' work but whatever it is, right now it's being overshadowed by this issue with Balenciaga. Because if Borremans himself is such a despicable guy, I'm surprised Jun Takahashi didn't get flak for it.

Borremans's work isn't seen as a problem in itself but the specific book used coupled with the court case papers and considering the other campaign conjure quite an impression. In other words, yeah, it is contextual to the Balenciaga thing.

BTW here is the highly nefarious reason why Galimberti was chosen as photographer for the stuffed bear shoot:

As for why they were into stuffed bears well they "borrowed" it from one of their lesser known designer friends along with a bunch of other ideas (not very nice of them but not a conspiracy).

Paranoid redditors apparently discovered the (edgelord) work of Jake and Dinos Chapman and added it to the conspiracy:

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borremans's work isn't seen as a problem in itself but the specific book used coupled with the court case papers and considering the other campaign conjure quite an impression. In other words, yeah, it is contextual to the Balenciaga thing.

The thing is, with how people immediately react nowadays without looking up information first for themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if anything Borremans (and he himself) is immediately equated to something negative due to this.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
The thing is, with how people immediately react nowadays without looking up information first for themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if anything Borremans (and he himself) is immediately equated to something negative due to this.

I edited the above post to add some additional info. Now Jake and Dinos Chapman are apparently part of this cause well some of their work was sold at Christie's and well, french Oligarch Pinault owns both Balenciaga and Christie which is apparently enough of a link to include them.

With a bit of luck Nazis should soon be part of the nefarious plot.

Last edited by a moderator:

feliks

Reaction score
FYI the Undercover pieces were innocuous even by the current reactionary moral panic standards:

25df51163c0aad3779d424a6e82170c0a6721abb-1333x1593_1333x.jpg

edit12_2048x.jpg

Whereas I absolutely would not be able to post anything from Fire From the Sun on here without catching a ban. I enjoy following some esoteric right-wing types on Twitter and it's funny watching them spook themselves over this in the same pattern as the Spirit Cooking conspiracy a while back.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Die Workwear has incurred the wrath of el presidente

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of DWW's finest work, clearly. Who is this douche nozzle?
I envy someone when they legitimately don’t know who a figure like Portnoy is.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I envy someone when they legitimately don’t know who a figure like Portnoy is.
I've never heard of him either. Huh.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI the Undercover pieces were innocuous even by the current reactionary moral panic standards:

They are but I wouldn't underestimate some people's ability to drag everything down based on one choice they made.

DWW and Dave should sit down and discuss this over pizza or do a series going around ranking pizzas and watches

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Man, this is surreal.

Portnoy is acting like the owner of a ****** restaurant who freaks out every time that they get a negative yelp review. "tHe pIZZa is pERfecT, it's U who dONT kNO whAT REaL piZza TAsTe LIke."

He's gonna have to get used to criticism. Commenters on Hodinkee can complain for days about a matched vs. non-matched date wheel. It's an industry with a lot of nitpicking and a lot of opinions.

Pretty sure that watch costs way more than $42 to produce though. Still not enough to justify its ultimate price tag (for me), but I also wouldn't look to the watch & jewelry industry as a whole to find rational value propositions.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again not familiar with the guy, but he compares his Sellita movement, private label made, ugly ass watch to a Rolex and says it would be 10k if it were one.

I dont even like Rolex, but this guy is just blowing air out of his hole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads