• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're really going down with the Kanye ship, huh
Not sure what you mean? I'm looking at him as an economic and influential force who knows how to create and monetize. Isn't the purpose of this thread to discuss the fashion industry?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antisemitism is just building your brand, don’t you guys know business
He was brought up by another forum member and I’ve giving my .02. just like you are. I’m not for racism or anti anything. I hope you speak up when you see racism across the board. I’ve been on this board for years, and there has been all kind of racist stuff that has happened with barely a peep. Keep the same energy when there is bigotry from any race.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Antisemitism is just building your brand, don’t you guys know business
Well, the thing is, the right can support a limited number of businesses by catering/pandering to Right Wing Causes - thin blue line, 2A, etc... - see the Black Rifle Company - but then that company cuts itself off from support and patronage of a much larger, much more lucrative customer base in the top two quintiles of the US income brackets. And then, anything that strays from a tight party line results in a backlash.

Ye is hardly known to be completely consistent, He thinks of himself as a free thinker, and simply doesn't play well with others, in politics as well as anything else. It's very possible the Ye makes himself a complete pariah, to everyone.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Apparently Kanye and Fuentes were on their way to hang out with Trump in FL for Thanksgiving. Just keeps getting weirder.
Would have been a great opportunity for Ye to run a trunk show with those “White Lives Matter” t-shirts. Got his first two customers right there.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have been a great opportunity for Ye to run a trunk show with those “White Lives Matter” t-shirts. Got his first two customers right there.
#hustleculture

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too ambiguous. He’s coming up with a revised version “non-Jewish white lives matter”

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Meaning he's got a customer base
No he doesn't, and the issue here is not customer base

The issue here is actual KNOW how and logistics

Does he have the knowledge or is willing to make the investment into developing products, quality control, marketing, distribution and all the other aspects of running a fashion/ footwear company?
He DOES NOT. Kanye has always profited from collaborations with other talented and skilled people and companies who do actual work where he gets credit.
There is a REASON adidas actually owns the Yeezy designs. because THEY HIRED, actual designers to develop these products.

Notice the Gap collab produced NOTHING, until it became Yeezy/Gap powered by Balenciaga?
with him being as radioactive as he has been, lets see how many people will risk their reputation and professional connections to collaborate from here on out................

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Notice the Gap collab produced NOTHING, until it became Yeezy/Gap powered by Balenciaga?"

Funny you should bring up that brand... why no thread here about the current ghoulishness? Interesting given the direct intersection with Ye himself.

Why aren't they being "cancelled" by any corporate partners over what is actually more grotesque disseminations?

Seems like everything is going to get a lot more... interesting.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, while politics often intersects with industry, I think that we may have strayed a bit afield here. If you guys want to talk just about Ye and whatever he is up to, let's please take it to the current events forum.. Thanks,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads