• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well you don’t px that, you either order or you don’t

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Me bidding the last $6 in my bank account to buy Gieves & Hawkes

gieves.jpeg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sad state of affairs for G&H

To be fair, with the exception of the ‘halo’ bespoke product their RTW has been disappointing for a long time. Over the same time period M&S’ tailoring has also underwhelmed - especially compared to the period in which they offered their hand-canvassed Savile Row and Best of British lines.

I am sure he’ll come out of it OK but I worry mostly about Davide Taub as he’s genuinely visionary. Would really like to see him creating a RTW line for M&S with high construction quality - but there is a valid question over whether the demand is there.

Every time M&S has gone upmarket it’s been a loss-leader for them. Hence the realistic / cynic in me knows if they brought G&H it would just become a subbrand to shift more SKUs.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Corp reported earnings and performance saying that there was significant demand for tuxedos and evening gowns as people want to dress up.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Corp reported earnings and performance saying that there was significant demand for tuxedos and evening gowns as people want to dress up.

Area man attributes growth of large fashion company earnings to black tie sales, hilarity ensues as non insane people ponder that idea.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I was just reading about textiles made from Himalayan Nettles and wondered of anyone here has any experience with it?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Something unnatural is afoot. Our affinities are increasingly no longer our own, but rather are selected for us for the purpose of automated economic gain. The automation of our cognition and the predictive power of technology to monetize our behavior, indeed our very thinking, is transforming not only our societies and discourse with one another, but also our very neurochemistry."

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to ride that L ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads