• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For me it’s just office default phone, it’s like Blackberry for corporate of the olden day

m0butt

Reaction score
I upgrade every year for no reason besides I’m an idiot. I have a max right now, getting the regular pro next year.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't categorize it as pan-pacific supply chain failure (i.e. to me that imply "at the moment the failure is fail to supply enough"), per article it seems more like previous failure pile up, then additional demand just keep coming, and even if supply is there port can't handle the volume in time.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i owned one of the very first iPhone. it was my travel phone until some thief stole it from my office|
I have now a 7 and 11.
the 7 I use to play music or when i'm travelling
the irony is that every one of my employees have a later model and a better condition phone than I do

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i owned one of the very first iPhone. it was my travel phone until some thief stole it from my office|
I have now a 7 and 11.
the 7 I use to play music or when i'm travelling
the irony is that every one of my employees have a later model and a better condition phone than I do

Not uncommon. Most of the people who work down the line at my home office drive fancier cars than I do. And the owner has maybe the "lowest" end car at the place. The front parking lot looks cheap compared to the back parking lot.

Spending priorities are ... not good oftentimes.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not have a phone, smart or otherwise, at all.

I hate my cellphone with a passion. The only phone I've ever had that I kind of liked was the Motorola Razr bc it was small and flat. I was on the iphone train early, went through first 4-5 iterations then decided I didn't like Apple any more. Switched to the Android ecosystem a few years ago and much happier. My first priority in a phone is that it fits in my pocket; thus the Samsung S20 is a cheap n cheerful choice. But if I could just not have a phone I'd be ecstatic.

My wife on the other hand is an iphone upgrade Nazi. So it balances out.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kanye strikes again

from the blurbs i've read i'm still not sure if it's double knit , it sounds like it might not be fleece ?

but is organic cotton fwiw

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shein in the latest Economist. Doesn’t really get into the details of copying other company’s stuff.

“Shein has managed to pull this off by combining a mastery of fashion supply chains with the sort of on-demand manufacturing originally enabled by Chinese e-commerce giants like Alibaba. It starts with design. A Shein team trawls the internet for the latest trends using algorithms to determine what is grabbing the most attention on any particular day. One member of this team told Chinese media last year that he visits thousands of websites to come up with ideas. These concepts are sent to another group that draws up designs, which are then manufactured in batches as small as 100 items, compared with a typical order of thousands.”

https://www.economist.com/business/shein-exemplifies-a-new-style-of-chinese-multinational/21805217

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads