• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought that itself wasn’t news (wasn’t that since a year ago), though I thought didn’t know to what extent and the amount and he definitely hasn’t plead then

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He was floating his girlfriends business adventures too. Wild, how do you not think that you'll get found out? Going to pay it back after the girl hits the big time and then find the cash in box in the warehouse and fix it with accounting? 30 million in the war-chest during a pandemic would have done allot of good for the workers and the whole company. **** that guy.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting article in the Wash Post today on the Instagram site "Preachers and Sneakers." Not a surprise with the amount of money passing through their hands.

"On his feed, Kirby has showcased Seattle pastor Judah Smith’s $3,600 Gucci jacket, Dallas pastor T.D. Jakes’s $1,250 Louboutin fanny pack and Miami pastor Guillermo Maldonado’s $2,541 Ricci crocodile belt. And he considers Paula White, former president Donald Trump’s most trusted pastoral adviser who is often photographed in designer items, a PreachersNSneakers “content goldmine,” posting a photo of her wearing $785 Stella McCartney sneakers."

As someone who grew up in a "megachurch" where the pastors went from wearing conservative suits and driving 15 year old Volvo wagons, to faux hawks, John Elliott, Yeezy's and Hellcats this Instagram account has always been incredibly fascinating, but also galling. It's impossible for me to reconcile teaching the word of God with this conspicuous consumption and such massive accumulation of wealth, taking advantage of congregations who often have many low-income families.

Side note: I went to an evangelical college for my first year of undergrad and many of the friends I still have from there spent hours trying to figure out if any of us was behind the account. Alas, it was none of us, Ben Kirby just has a very similar upbringing.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who grew up in a "megachurch" where the pastors went from wearing conservative suits and driving 15 year old Volvo wagons, to faux hawks, John Elliott, Yeezy's and Hellcats this Instagram account has always been incredibly fascinating, but also galling. It's impossible for me to reconcile teaching the word of God with this conspicuous consumption and such massive accumulation of wealth, taking advantage of congregations who often have many low-income families.

Side note: I went to an evangelical college for my first year of undergrad and many of the friends I still have from there spent hours trying to figure out if any of us was behind the account. Alas, it was none of us, Ben Kirby just has a very similar upbringing.
Dig deep and tithe...ha

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more surprised than anything that Alden has high enough sales that someone can embezzle $3.4M/year and it took 9 years to notice.

Hopefully dude was living his best life, prison won't be nearly as fun.

Given the size of the brand recognition, Alden is a relatively small operation. This guy was trusted and probably had near complete control of the finances.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like @BlakeRVA , I was most surprised at the scale, and therefore the scale of Alden's business and profitability to continue operating with millions of cash missing every year. I knew that Japan and HK were huge markets for Alden, but I don't think I realized quite how large that company really is.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm more surprised than anything that Alden has high enough sales that someone can embezzle $3.4M/year and it took 9 years to notice.

Hopefully dude was living his best life, prison won't be nearly as fun.
Wasn't he supporting some woman with that money? I vaguely remember her being worth supporting with stolen money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics