• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
even the moma x champion rw hoodies and crewnecks were only $65-80 and used tackle twill lettering lol

That’s actually a good deal because Champion RW blanks clock in around $30. I have a hard time imagining someone would do the the tackle twill lettering treatment for less than $10/piece. That’s a $40 first cost before you’ve shipped anything anywhere.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of an interesting read here on founder of Outdoor Voices. "There was pressure after raising a lot of money to land as many new customers as possible and grow at all costs."

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I read this story as well and thought it was fascinating. A really honest look at what went wrong, what her strengths are and where she should have sought help.

Kind of an interesting read here on founder of Outdoor Voices. "There was pressure after raising a lot of money to land as many new customers as possible and grow at all costs."

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sad news, and they’re supplier for?

Well the article says Brooks Brothers, but I suspect the answer is also many of the smaller labels the forum favours.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sad news, and they’re supplier for?

Vanners and Adamley are the two major silk suppliers in England. If you see someone talk about how they use English silks, they likely got it from one of these two places. Vanda Fine Clothing started with Vanners silk.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the whole industry and supply chain to many brands large and small has been disrupted.
with lockdowns in Europe and coming to the USA again (without any aid in sight for businesses) its gonna be brutal
I know friends who have privately closed their business, others holding on for dear life and its just rough and uncertain time.
We have had to lay off 4 people here at Zfactorie and with no tourists, very little travelling etc, our instore business has been down about 60 or so percent from what it was last year.
Lets hope for a good winter season...................not just for ourselves but for everyone. life first, but business is important

Coffandcig

Reaction score
the whole industry and supply chain to many brands large and small has been disrupted.
with lockdowns in Europe and coming to the USA again (without any aid in sight for businesses) its gonna be brutal
I know friends who have privately closed their business, others holding on for dear life and its just rough and uncertain time.
We have had to lay off 4 people here at Zfactorie and with no tourists, very little travelling etc, our instore business has been down about 60 or so percent from what it was last year.
Lets hope for a good winter season...................not just for ourselves but for everyone. life first, but business is important
****'s gonna be so ******* bad. People are gonna die this round of lockdowns.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody is going to bail out small places, not to the extent that they need. They'll kick the can down to landlords, and here in Canada you don't even have to wait until the business is utterly ruined - they're already evicting people for back-rent payments.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The point is that fewer people die this way.

We never really opened up here in LA. Theres no indoor dining, no gyms, no bars, offices should be closed, no public gatherings over a certain size. Schools public and private are remote only. Our numbers are still growing and setting new records every single day.

I think at this point it's just human nature. People can suspend human contact and family activities for a few months. But not a whole year.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We never really opened up here in LA. Theres no indoor dining, no gyms, no bars, offices should be closed, no public gatherings over a certain size. Schools public and private are remote only. Our numbers are still growing and setting new records every single day.

I think at this point it's just human nature. People can suspend human contact and family activities for a few months. But not a whole year.

agree it's human nature, though American never stick to it for real, also CA is not an isolated state from the rest of the US, and LA certainly is not isolated from the rest of CA. Look at o Asia (even exclude China) if you want to see how it can be beaten (Taiwan, South Korea, NZ, Australia, or even the less rich ones, Vietnam), guess water under bridge at the moment.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
agree it's human nature, though American never stick to it for real, also CA is not an isolated state from the rest of the US, and LA certainly is not isolated from the rest of CA. Look at o Asia (even exclude China) if you want to see how it can be beaten (Taiwan, South Korea, NZ, Australia, or even the less rich ones, Vietnam), guess water under bridge at the moment.

It's all very true. Although it's tough to compare the USA to one of those countries as this is a far bigger and more diverse place.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but I know that we have massive community spread amongst young people here because so many of them know others who are asymptomatic. They just don't see it as a threat.

I personally know at least 25 people who were positive, and never received any medical attention at all. I still take the virus very seriously... I follow the mask and distance guidelines, and I get tested every 2-3 weeks, but the reality is that COVID isn't as frightening or mysterious as it was before, unless you're in a very vulnerable group. So people who don't feel particularly vulnerable are now choosing to ignore the rules and resume their old social habits. I think that it's just going to play out that way. Americans just won't accept the tougher measures that other countries can impose.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying this with any judgement or slant either way. I get enough political bickering and bitching on Facebook. Just stating what I see here in Los Angeles, a place with some of the toughest restrictions in the country.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads